Job Summary:Responsible for safely keeping equipment running and maintained properly
Minimum Qualifications:1. Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment in mechanic field or maintaining road construction equipment with demonstrated mechanical knowledge to diagnose component, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document. 2. 5 years mechanical (diesel/heavy equipment) experience preferred. 3. Caterpillar experience preferred.
4. Provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, contact 701-774-2066 or 701-223-5480.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Duties and/or Responsibilities
1. Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on all types of equipment and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
2. Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists and other lifting devices, etc. on a daily basis.
3. Troubleshooting equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
4. Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed and reassemble equipment and parts.
5. Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks
6. Clean work areas
7. Fill out shop repair orders daily
8. Drive and maintain mechanics truck
9. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
10. Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
11. Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
12. Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
13. Operate and maintain company vehicle to perform field service repair then operate repaired equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed.
14. Travel to jobsites; some overnight travel may be required.
15. Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics and some specialty tools.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
The job skills required for Heavy Equipment Mechanic include Field Service, Troubleshooting, Pneumatics, Communicates Effectively, OSHA, Self motivated etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Heavy Equipment Mechanic. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.