You haven't searched anything yet.
There’s never been a better time to join TravelCenters of America! For more than 50 years, millions of professional truck drivers and motorists have called our travel centers home, depending on us daily for fuel, food, truck maintenance and essential services.
Now a part of the bp family, TA is focused on growing its network of travel centers, implementing cutting edge technology, and embarking on innovative alternative energy and sustainability initiatives.
From our locations across the country, to our corporate headquarters in Westlake, Ohio, every team member is a stakeholder in TA’s success. This environment offers endless career opportunities for individuals interested in sharing their ideas, growing with the company and shaping TA’s future.
TravelCenters of America offers a convenient, one-stop shopping experience to our customers. Each location has a plethora of dining options which gives our guests the variety they look for. The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager with operations and marketing functions of the restaurant. Additional responsibilities include staffing, training and development, general supervision of the staff, and improving profitability. The Assistant General Manager ensures we are returning every traveler to the road better than they came!
In this role, you can expect to:
· Be a leader and inspire your team to meet and exceed company performance standards and improve the potential of the restaurant (i.e. fast and friendly customer service, good product knowledge, up-beat atmosphere, etc.)
· Develop a trusting atmosphere that is conducive to receiving feedback from team members and guests; coach and performance manage staff according to company policy
· Serve each customer courteously, quickly and efficiently with a sincere, positive, pleasant and enthusiastic attitude
· Provide great tasting / quality food, and a clean restaurant environment for all guests
· Recruit, hire, train and retain high-quality team members according to company guidelines and create a culture where team members feel respected and recognized for their achievements
· Help achieve financial objectives through effective management of people, product, service and facility processes, including a focus on the revenue and profit components
· Adhere to safety standards and abide by standards of operation. Follow company guidelines on vendor relationships
· Assumes duties of any hourly associate position as necessary
What we’d like to see:
With us, you’ll enjoy:
Not all benefit plans are available to all team members. For a more comprehensive list of benefits, please visit https://www.ta-petro.com/careers/working-at-ta-travel-centers
Our travel centers serve thousands every day; not one traveler is the same and our team must reflect that. We can "return every traveler to the road better than they came" only by understanding and celebrating individualism. TravelCenters of America is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, familial status, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, handicap, military service or Veteran status, genetic information or membership in any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. At TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to make themselves at home.
Typical Physical Demands
In this role, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. Standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending over, crouching, crawling, climbing, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally. The team member is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs and/or move heavy objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. All performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While performing these duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times. While performing these duties, the employee may be exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, etc.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
The pay range listed reflects the potential pay for this role. The pay will depend on various factors, such as the responsibilities of the position, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Not all positions posted will have a pay range listed.".
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
Restaurants & Catering Services
15,000 - 50,000
$500M - $1B
Restaurants & Catering Services
KFC is a Kentucky-based fast food restaurant chain that serves fried chicken, sandwiches, desserts, drinks, sauces, and related items across the globe.