Are you ready to join an industry leader with a strong foundation of success? Kenworth Sales Company was recently awarded the 2020 Dealer of the Year award and after 75 years of consistent excellence, we are still growing! We have recently joined forces with Truck Enterprises, Inc. and now span 10 states across the country and boast 31 locations with over 1200 employees. We have exciting career opportunities available today in most of our locations. We are always looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for helping our customers build the kind of success that Kenworth knows so well.
The primary function of the Outside Parts Salesman is to solicit parts sales from new and established customers in sales territories established by management. This position is an exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Solicits sales of trucks parts marketed by the Company, to existing and prospect customers located within assigned territories. Maintains market penetration as required by Sales Manager. Delivers parts and picks up cores and part returns from assigned customers as needed.
2. Completes all necessary paperwork for submission of parts orders, purchases, parts returns, and core returns. Assist Parts Manager or counter sales person with necessary documentation for special orders. Maintains Kenworth consignment inventories at customer locations assigned to Outside Salesman.
3. Assists customer with any problems which may arise in connection with the sale of the parts, including returns and warranties.
4. Maintains courteous and continuing relations with customer base and working knowledge of customers' base industries and equipment needs.
5. Promotes the sale of Kenworth trucks and service. Facilitates communications between customer and these other departments.
6. Maintains a superior level of knowledge and expertise in the trucking industry general and Kenworth Trucks in particular. Attends such training courses and seminars as required by Sales Manager.
7. Assist Parts Manager with year end inventory, and other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Ability to read and comprehend English instructions and information.
High school diploma or the equivalent.
3 years sales experience in truck parts sales.
A state issued drivers license in good standing.
Ability to use Windows based computer systems, Microsoft Office excel/word, and read vendor catalogs.
Excellent organization and communication skills.
This position involves both sedentary and other work. For part of the shift, employee will work at a desk in an office setting, doing paperwork, typing, filing, and key entry on a Video Display Terminal. Extensive telephone and correspondence work required on a daily basis. For part of the shift, employee will stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach, moving about the dealership facility to communicate with managers, employees, and customers. Lifting of at least 50 lbs. without assistance on a daily basis will be required. Employee will travel by car extensively within and outside the State on a daily basis. Will be exposed to noise, dust, exhaust fumes, and a variety of other hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
We offer a full benefits package with retirement and paid life insurance. Also includes vacation time, sick days and paid holidays.
Kenworth Sales Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
500 - 1,000
R KYLE TREADWAY
$200M - $500M
Kenworth Sales engages in buying, leasing, renting, financing, servicing, maintaining and selling trucks and its accessories.
The job skills required for Outside Parts Sales Representative include Microsoft Office, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Outside Parts Sales Representative. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Outside Parts Sales Representative. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Microsoft OfficeView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Outside Parts Sales Representative positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Outside Parts Sales Representative, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Sales Rep. (Bio-Medical Equip. & Supplies) that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Outside Parts Sales Representative. You can explore the career advancement for an Outside Parts Sales Representative below and select your interested title to get hiring information.