Are you ready to join an industry leader with a strong foundation of success? Kenworth Sales Company was recently awarded the 2020 Dealer of the Year award and after 75 years of consistent excellence, we are still growing! We have recently joined forces with Truck Enterprises, Inc. and now span 10 states across the country and boast 31 locations with over 1200 employees. We have exciting career opportunities available today in most of our locations. We are always looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for helping our customers build the kind of success that Kenworth knows so well.
We are looking for a qualified individual to assist the parts manager in running a profitable and efficient parts department. Assist in all areas of the parts department including but not limited to the following; Manage inventory levels, create training programs, work with inside sales teams to grow retail sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain inventory stock levels by working with district inventory analyst, MDI and through local vendors. Issues purchase orders per company guidelines to approved parts suppliers
- Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence
- Monitor all parts departments purchases and RMA’S for parts returns & core returns
- Work with the Service Manager & other Department personal to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Oversea counter sales teams to lead, coach and evaluate performance.
- Work with all sales teams inside & out with training programs for employees and customers.
- Will create sales promotions and coordinate them with sales teams.
- Conduct meetings with parts department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest and to develop strategies for a more efficient operation.
- Work direct with all counter sales personal to increase efficiencies and sales.
- Assist in hiring, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all parts department Counter staff.
- Perform annual evaluations of the counter employee you oversee.
- Direct and schedule the activities of all parts department employees
- Call on customers to evaluate customer service.
- Oversee maintenance of retail area, merchandising of monthly & manager specials, stocking, pricing, organization of products and overall appearance.
- Assist customers in parts sales phone & counter
- Assist in physical inventory & prep work.
- Travel to all company locations to provide training
High school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
Professional experience minimum 5 years of heavy duty parts experience including a minimum of two years in a supervisor position.
Must have a understanding and knowledge of retail sales area, display set up, primary functions and duties of the warehouse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheet software and Intranet software
Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers
Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
Strong organizational and follow-through skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
We offer a full benefits package with retirement and paid life insurance. Also includes vacation time, sick days and paid holidays.
Kenworth Sales Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.