Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Area Director of Human Resources
The ideal candidate is a seasoned hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are looking for a strategic Human Resources Generalist to join our high performing Team! A Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting the Director in the overall management and administration of the Human Resources function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and to maximize profitability. The Kahler Grand continues its legacy of "Serving you with all our heart".
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with all processes and always maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Works closely with policies and procedures in conjunction with Kinseth Hotel Corporation & senior management.
- Union Representative- communicate as a liaison for employees
REQUIRED SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Welcoming personality
- Ability to memorize company policies
Compensation/Benefits and Perks: Compensation/salary structure.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Equal Opportunity Statement
Statement that the company is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal oppo Statement that the company considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Statement that the company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.