South Franklin Circle, in Chagrin Falls, is seeking a Lead Cook. Currently hiring for a Full Time position.
* Free Meal Every Shift * Holiday & Birthday Pay * Annual Associate Bonus *
* Rapidly Accruing Paid Time Off for Part Time and Full Time employees *
South Franklin Circle is a premier independent living community in the Cleveland suburb of Chagrin Falls.
What makes South Franklin Circle an employer of choice?
A CAREER with South Franklin Circle means you will be connected, inspired and engaged to make a difference in the lives of others every day! South Franklin Circle is a place where you have opportunities to grow and be recognized for the meaningful work you do in a positive, inclusive environment.
We offer COMPETITIVE and COMPREHENSIVE benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Development
- Campus perks, Discounted On-Campus Meals and Free Parking
- Rapidly Accruing Paid Time Off
What will I do in this role with South Franklin Circle?
As a Lead Cook, supporting our mission will include the following responsibilities:
- Oversees and participates in food preparation and production
- Practice proper hand washing, glove use, and other sanitation guidelines.
- Review daily menu, specials, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specialized diets and allergens.
- Demonstrate role model effective courteous communication skills with associates, peers, residents, and visitors.
- Ability to perform all duties required by the positions supervised in the main kitchen.
- Direct day-to-day operation of production team; set expectations of production associates.
- Assist Executive Chef with coordinating purchasing requirements; including forecasting, ordering, receiving, and inventory/storage of all supplies.
- Setup and maintain reports necessary to deliver meals to serving areas.
- Maintain sanitation program including checklists and daily documentation.
- Assist in developing department goals.
- In the absence of the Manager, coordinate daily operations; checking for staffing and service issues.
- Assist in hiring, training, HR reporting, and corrective actions needed to maintain neat, responsive, well trained, safety and quality focused team.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with maintenance and vendors as needed.
- Participate in Judson programs/projects as designated.
- Coordinate and plan (in some cases help setup) catered events in coordination with Director, Executive Chef and Assistant Director of Dining Services as well as other department managers and staff.
- Prepare special function foods in timely fashion & assist with setup if necessary.
- Ensure that daily menu offerings are available in a timely, appealing and temperature desired manner.
- Designated goals, regulations and guidelines are met. (Especially Food Cost)
- Adhere to all company rules and safety procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
What do I need to be a Lead Cook with South Franklin Circle?
- A minimum of 2 years of fine dining experience required.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Training preferred.
- Must have ServSafe certification.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have effective communication skills, be courteous and considerate of others.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow complex tasks.
- Must be able to work flexible days/times.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, Publisher, and Financial Software. Knowledge in POS systems.
How is South Franklin Circle unique?
- South Franklin Circle is part of Judson Senior living, a not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering independent living, assisted living, memory support services, short-term rehabilitative and long-term skilled nursing care, home care, hospice, community memberships, and outreach initiatives.
- Our employees are committed to our Core Values: Respectfulness, Empowerment, Communication, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence.
- Three stunning campuses and over 110 years of experience serving Northeast Ohio with compassion, excellence and innovation has solidified our stellar reputation for making a difference in the lives of others every day!
Judson Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows a practice of affirmative action in promoting equal employment opportunity. Judson Retirement Community does not discriminate on actions involving recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment and promotion.