This position is responsible for providing manufacturing support in order to bring new products to market and/or improve product quality and reduce costs. This is achieved by designing, developing, testing and implementing new processes and technologies. Multitasking is required while working with multiple people and departments including; R&D, Extrusion, Expansion, 2-pass, Molding and capital projects.
· Complete analysis for product families and evaluate cost reduction and efficiency
· Work with operators and leads to establish standard work procedures
· Determine ability to scale-up from pilot to production, assuring product quality
· Conduct investigations to determine causes of quality concerns
· Continuous improvement and quality testing of new products
· Trouble shooting to correct equipment malfunction
· Develop automation projects, budget,
· Develop capital projects to support new products & cost models
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· BS Engineering Mechanical, Plastics, or Chemical
· Plastic extrusion experience preferred, not required
· Proficient computer and programming skills
· Proficient communication skills, verbally & written
· Proficient problem solving skills
· 1-3 years experience in process control. Training in statistics and process control; preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems through to implementation and verification.
Ability to hear, talk, stand, sit, bend, climb, stoop. Must be able to think rationally, read, write and express thoughts. The ability to wear all forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) is necessary while working in a plant environment. Ability to use mechanical and electrical equipment and handle a reasonable amount of stress. Performs responsibilities in compliance with all safety, quality, environmental procedures, OSHA regulations and JSP policies.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please submit your salary expectations and resume to this posting. Only candidates whose qualifications match our skill set will be contacted.
JSP is the leading global manufacturer of expanded polypropylene and polyethylene foam products. Our products are used in many automotive, packaging, construction, sport and consumer applications. The company has research and development, manufacturing, and molding facilities in the major industrial countries of Europe, Asia, and the Americas. We are currently seeking a Process Engineer at out Tullahoma, TN plant; Excellent compensation package, very competitive salary 65,000-80,000 . For more information about JSP, please visit our website, www.jsp.com.
JSP is an EOE.
The job skills required for Process Engineer include Analysis, Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, Communication Skills, Packaging,and product quality etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Process Engineer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Process Engineer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.