The Production Maintenance Mechanic will assist and lead in setting up, installing, repairing, maintaining machinery and equipment, and fabricate metal parts by performing the following essential functions.
· Works with light, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance, and machinery and equipment repair.
· Understands general operations of Microwave Machinery.
· Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment and determines the extent of the repairs needed.
· Recognizes when chains, bearings, and belts require replacement or realignment.
· Coordinates and assists in the timely replacement of parts alongside the storeroom inventory specialist.
· Collects feedback on potential repairs/improvements.
· Understands company policies, enforces safety regulations, and is aware of production schedules when estimating completion times of a repair assignment.
· Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
· Improves the Microwave Building systems and helps with the installation of new machinery.
· Reports and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the shop, department, and work crew.
· Participates in maintenance meetings and confers with supervisors to coordinate different changeovers in the microwave department and other areas within the plant.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Six months to one year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to apply general math concepts.
· Ability to utilize a tape measure to calculate measurements.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret written, oral, diagram, and schedule instructions.
The job skills required for Production Maintenance Mechanic include Installation, Hydraulics, Repairing, Pneumatics etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Production Maintenance Mechanic. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Production Maintenance Mechanic. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.