Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. This position is open to candidates who reside in and have the legal right to work in the country where the job is located.
Company Name: Penske Truck Leasing Job Description What's the Job?
Are you ready to advance your career and help our customers move forward? At Penske, we are looking for Technicians who will perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on our top-quality fleet of vehicles. Your role will involve keeping our customers' vehicles in excellent condition and ensuring their safe performance on the road.
Whether you are starting your career or have experience in vehicle repair and want to switch gears, becoming a Penske Technician could be a perfect fit for you. Why is this job awesome?
One of the best things about this job is that no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to work on various types of equipment from multiple manufacturers. While we work diligently to complete tasks, we also prioritize giving you enough time to do your job properly. Safety and reliability are our utmost concerns.
As a Technician at Penske, you will work alongside experienced supervisors and master technicians who will teach you our vehicle maintenance processes and cutting-edge technology. We are committed to providing you with industry-certified training, ensuring your success and career growth. You will learn from the best in the industry. Our facilities are also clean and well-maintained, and we provide you with all the necessary tools.
If you have a mechanical inclination or have completed any vehicle repair training, and are willing to learn and pursue a stable career with plenty of growth opportunities, we invite you to join our team. Shift Differentials:
- Starting times on the second shift after 11am are eligible for a shift differential of $2.00 per hour
- Starting times on the third shift after 9pm are eligible for a shift differential of $3.00 per hour
As a Penske Technician, your main responsibilities will include:
Why Penske is for You:
- Maintaining and ensuring the safety of customers' vehicles
- Logging, researching, and completing repairs using Penske's tools and technologies, including basic vehicle diagnostics
- Performing preventative maintenance repairs such as tire replacement or rotation, vehicle component lubrication and replacement, electrical system repairs, and cooling system maintenance on both gas and diesel engine vehicles
- Collaborating with your manager to learn new skills through Penske's technician training and hands-on coaching
- Completing other assigned projects and tasks as directed by your supervisor
- We offer a competitive wage and great benefits, and take pride in providing ongoing skills training for our maintenance associates, enabling you to grow your career
- Shift differentials are available for this position based on second shift (starting after 11am) or third shift (starting after 9pm) and weekend work
To be eligible for this position, you should have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (preferred), along with vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair
- A basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred)
- A valid driver's license
- The ability to solve problems and feel comfortable using tools
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team and outdoors
- Basic computer skills
- The willingness to comply with specific instructions, guidelines, and safety policies
- The ability to perform work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies, including the use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and best safety practices
- The ability to attend work regularly and on a predictable schedule
- Willingness to work the required schedule and location, submit to a background screening, pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potentially travel for training
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner, taking responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others
The following physical and mental demands are necessary to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for individuals with disabilities:
- The ability to frequently move, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended periods throughout your shift
- The ability to use your hands on a routine basis to operate required tools or controls
- The ability to work safely at heights using ladders and elevated working platforms
- The ability to work in all weather conditions
- The ability to see and hear effectively to navigate the work environment, particularly due to the movement of large trucks
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Keywords:
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, University of Northwest Ohio, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu, Apprentice Shift:
Sunday- Thursday 3pm to 11:30pm Shift Differentials:
- Second shift start times after 11am are eligible for $2.00 per hour shift differential
- Third shift start time after 9pm are eligible for $3.00 per hour shift differential
Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians Job Function:
Truck Maintenance Job Family:
Vehicle Maintenance Address:
19571 Whitfield Rd Primary Location:
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P. Req ID:
- If you have a passion for repairing vehicles and helping others, Penske has the perfect job opportunity for you!
- Penske is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for people from all walks of life.
- As a Penske Technician, you will play a vital role in ensuring the safety and reliability of our customers' vehicles.
- We offer industry-certified training and mentorship from experienced professionals to help you grow your career.
- Shift differentials are available for certain shifts, providing additional compensation.
- You should have a basic mechanical aptitude and be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Your role will involve performing preventative maintenance, repairs, and diagnostics on a range of vehicles.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.
- If you meet the qualifications and physical requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require additional information. We look forward to hearing from you!