Jobs for Humanity is partnering with Safelite to build an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we prioritize individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. This position is open to candidates who reside in and have the legal right to work in the country where the job is located.
Company Name: Safelite Job Description Join Our Team and Build a Fulfilling Career at Safelite
At Safelite, we're more than just an auto glass company. We value diversity and welcome everyone from all walks of life. Whether you are elderly, a refugee, have visible or invisible disabilities, identify as LGBTQIA , or a veteran- we encourage you to apply for our Auto Glass Technician Trainee position. We believe in providing equal opportunities for all and creating an inclusive workplace. Position: Auto Glass Technician Trainee
Are you up for a challenge? Do you have a natural mechanical ability? We are looking for individuals who can work independently but also thrive as part of a team. Join our nationally recognized team of expert installers and embark on a rewarding journey to become a certified auto glass technician. Responsibilities:
What You'll Receive:
- Learn and apprentice the Safelite way through hands-on and classroom training
- Install and repair auto glass
- Recalibrate automotive safety systems
- Provide additional services and products
- Study and pass testing to become a Safelite-certified Technician
- Operate a company vehicle and use company-issued tools
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $18.00/hour
- $3,000 sign-on bonus after 120 days
- Earn $5 for every set of wiper blades added for customer safety
- Potential for promotion and career advancement
- Benefits package valued at more than $10,000, including 401(k) plan, medical plans, paid time off, holidays, and volunteer days
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license required
- Comfortable working outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- High school diploma/GED preferred
If you don't meet all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! We value diversity and believe in providing equal opportunities to all individuals.
Already a member of the Safelite team? Internal associates can apply through your Workday account by searching "Find Open Jobs".
At Safelite, we welcome everyone and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about our diverse workforce and suppliers at www.safelite.com/Careers.
Note: Benefit amounts are estimates only and actual values will depend on benefit elections during enrollment. This position description is not all-inclusive and reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals covered by ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and other laws and regulations. Physical and mental demands should not be considered as job qualification standards but are provided to identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may be necessary.