Jobs for Humanity is partnering with Safelite to build an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we prioritize individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. This position is open to candidates who reside in and have the legal right to work in the country where the job is located.
Company Name: Safelite Job Description
Are you interested in this position? Don't hesitate to apply - even if you don't meet every requirement! We are an auto glass company, but we offer much more than that. We are dedicated to helping you build a fulfilling career and live a balanced life. Join us and experience the best workplace ever.
Do you enjoy challenging yourself? Do you have a natural mechanical ability? Are you looking for opportunities for growth and advancement, both independently and as part of a team?
Come join Safelite as an Auto Glass Technician Trainee - the first step towards becoming a certified auto glass technician on a nationally recognized team of expert installers! We will provide you with training to install and repair auto glass, recalibrate car safety systems, and provide exceptional service that leaves a lasting impression. Plus, you will be paid while learning!
At Safelite, we go beyond just being a glass company. We empower our team members with the support they need to be efficient, problem-solvers with a sharp eye for detail. Most importantly, we focus on delivering quality service that brings unexpected happiness to people's lives.
This is not your typical office job! You will be working outdoors, using your hands, and be prepared to adapt to various weather conditions.
It's time to start a new career that you have been thinking about. Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month paid training program. Once on the job, your pay will be evaluated every six months to ensure you are rewarded for outstanding performance!
As an Auto Glass Technician Trainee, you will:
- Receive paid training through hands-on experience and classroom learning, including:
- Installing and repairing auto glass
- Recalibrating automotive safety systems
- Offering additional services and products
- Study and pass tests to become a Safelite-certified Technician, demonstrating proficiency in installations, a positive attitude, and following taught techniques
- Safely operate a company vehicle and use company-issued tools throughout the workday
What you will receive:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $18.00/hour, increasing to $20.00/hour after training and certification
- Earn $5 per set of wiper blades added for customer safety
- Potential for promotion in your first year! Earn up to $22.00/hour as a Senior Tech and up to $25.00/hour as a Master Tech. Technician career levels determined based on performance metrics, including efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays, and volunteer days
- Program to buy additional paid time off or sell unused time up to 16 hours
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you need to be successful
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license required
- Comfortable working outside, standing for extended periods, and adapting to various weather conditions
- Ability to work scheduled days, with flexible start and end times to accommodate customer needs
- Ability to regularly lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent preferred; ability to read and write
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse workforce and suppliers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
*Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on benefit elections during enrollment.