Jobs for Humanity is partnering with Safelite to build an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we prioritize individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. This position is open to candidates who reside in and have the legal right to work in the country where the job is located.
Company Name: Safelite Job Description Are you interested in this job opportunity?
You should apply - even if you don't meet every single requirement! We are an auto glass company, but we offer much more than just glass services. We believe in helping you build a rewarding career and live a fulfilling life. Join us and experience the best workplace ever.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you have a natural knack for mechanics? Can you work independently while also being a team player? If so, then we invite you to join Safelite as an Auto Glass Technician Trainee
. This is the first step towards becoming a certified auto glass technician on our renowned team. We will provide you with training to install and repair auto glass, recalibrate car safety systems, and deliver unforgettable customer service. Plus, you'll get paid while you learn!
We offer more than just glass services. We empower our employees with the necessary support to be efficient, problem-solvers with an eye for detail. Most importantly, we prioritize delivering high-quality service that brings unexpected happiness to people's lives.
This is not your typical desk job! You'll be working outdoors, using your hands, and adapting to various weather conditions.
It's time to pursue that new career you've been considering. Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month paid training program. Once you're on the job, your pay will be evaluated every six months to ensure that you are rewarded for your exceptional performance! As a Technician Trainee, you will:
What you'll receive:
- Receive paid training through hands-on and classroom sessions, where you will learn:
- How to install and repair auto glass
- How to recalibrate automotive safety systems
- How to provide additional services and products
- Study and pass tests to become a Safelite-certified Technician, demonstrating proficiency in installations, embracing a positive attitude, and following taught techniques
- Safely operate a company vehicle and use company-issued tools throughout the workday
What you'll need:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $18.00/hour and increasing to $20.00/hour after training and certification
- Sign-On Bonus after 120 days of employment
- Earn $5 for each set of wiper blades added for customer safety
- Potential for promotion within your first year! As a Senior Tech, earn up to $22.00/hour, and as a Master Tech, earn up to $25.00/hour. Technician career levels are determined based on performance metrics, including efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction
- A benefits package valued at over $10,000*. Includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays, and volunteer days
- Program to buy additional paid time off or sell unused time, up to 16 hours
- Up to $5,250 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you need for success
- Discover our comprehensive health, wealth, and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com
(Not sure if you meet all the requirements? We encourage you to apply!)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license required
- Comfortable working outside in various weather conditions and being on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to work scheduled days with flexibility in start and end times to accommodate customer needs
- Ability to regularly lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent preferred; ability to read and write
Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'. Diversity:
Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Learn more at www.safelite.com/careers
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on benefit elections during enrollment.
This position description does not include every aspect of the role. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals covered by ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and other laws and regulations as required. The physical and mental demands mentioned above are not job qualification standards but are provided to help the employer, employee, and/or applicant understand tasks where reasonable accommodations may be needed for individuals with disabilities covered by the ADA. Additional qualifications may be required to ensure employment eligibility in accordance with local laws, regulations, Safelite Group, Inc. policies, and practices.