At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Directs and controls warehouse activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing raw material and finished goods inventories. Plans and schedules department functions to ensure the prompt delivery of merchandise of the kind and in the amount ordered. Staffs, organizes, and directs operations within a warehouse to effectively manage the receipt, storage, selection, packaging, loading, and shipping of products to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
• Ensures products, parts, or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
• Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing departments.
• Prepares or reviews distribution documents.
• Screens and hires warehouse personnel and issues work assignments.
• Controls costs through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials.
• Maintains records of inventories and location for production control and cost accounting.
• Recommends warehouse/material handling equipment needs and replacement.
• Responsible for enforcing company policies of conduct and safety and initiates disciplinary action.
• Identifies the causes of product losses and takes corrective action.
• May require travel
• May require availability outside of normal business hours
Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent) over Assistant Managers and/or Supervisors. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hirings, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
Decisions are varied and may require solutions to be developed.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions may impact the department, goals of the department, or the work area/unit.
Work requires the use of a variety of procedures, policies and/or standards. Moderate analytic ability is required in the application of guidelines, policies and procedures and gathering and interpreting data in cases for problems of moderate difficulty or complexity.
Solves problems by gathering, compiling, and sorting information. Problems are usually at the work unit or department level.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under general direction from broad goals and policies only. May participate heavily in setting one's own objectives.
Occasional minor discomforts from exposure to less than optimal temperature and air conditions. Modestly unpleasant situations such as occasional exposure to office chemicals and/or extensive use of video display terminal.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires greater than 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
The job skills required for WAREHOUSE MANAGER include Scheduling, Material Handling, Packaging, Purchasing etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a WAREHOUSE MANAGER. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by WAREHOUSE MANAGER. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.