Morgan Truck Body is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Truck Body offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan’s winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
The Service Estimator Coordinator will coordinate and oversee quoting of all standard jobs for service and manage flow of work through shop with the assistance of the Service Supervisor/Manager.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the service customer’s satisfaction with accurate quotes that require minimal supplemental requests.
2. Write all service quotes and be responsible for checking for accuracy of customer number, terms, Purchase orders, labor, material and markup on all service quotes prior to turning into the Customer Service Coordinator. Establish and maintain material and labor costs to prepare estimates and achieve the plan of 30% overall gross margin through the Service Department.
3. Establish and maintain a working quote log for quotes pending for the Service and Paint Department and report to the Service Manager weekly, due each Friday.
4. Maintain daily contact with the service Team Leader to properly schedule units into the shop for repairs in order to meet the overall customer commitment. Document any missed commitments and report reason and resolution to the Service Manager on a weekly basis.
5. Work with the Materials department to schedule activities of the drivers to ensure pick-up compliance of customer equipment for the purpose of repair or modification. Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of Morgan equipment.
6. Assist in the collections of past due accounts.
7. Track no / low profit jobs to eliminate the cause on an ongoing basis. Maintain a current labor and material standards guide for use for quick quotes.
8. Provide assistance to regional facilities, distributors, and other departments in a consistent manner, in regard to repair quotes and techniques, warranty situations, and assist in the in-house shop operations regarding profit-improving procedures.
9. Provide estimates of repair to onsite and telephone customers promptly and follow up all pertinent estimates on a weekly basis. Document on quote log, date and time of follow-up including contact and comment.
10. Perform customer location estimates as required as soon as possible to reduce the opportunity of lost business. (24 hours on Standard quotes and up to 48 hours for Custom quotes.)
11. Notify leadership of any needed assistance with sales calls for large fleet accounts.
12. Maintain timely communication with all customers regarding inside / outside sales force, distributors, and external customers to meet our common goal. Document communication problems with recommended solutions on a weekly basis
13. Weekly reporting to communicate all service, paint and warranty work within committed times to customer.
• 2 year degree preferred but not required
Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time at management discretion. Purpose to be to back fill any regional RSR that may be out of the office.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience quoting truck and trailer repairs, preferred but not required
• Establish and expand the customer base when time allows for visits to potential customers.
• Flexibility for work outside of normal business hours due to business demands
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Understanding of credit and collections policies and procedures
• Self-starter with the ability to work well with others
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
• Excellent phone etiquette, customer service and organizational skills