Sign on bonus available!
- $4,000 for non-license (tCADC/CADC)
- $5,000 for 1st or 2nd level license
Let’s change lives together.
Join a purpose-driven community of champions
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about recovery and champions hope to serve as an Addiction Counselor on our Adolescent Residential Substance Use Disorder treatment program in Sioux City, Iowa. The addiction counselor provides assessments, individual, group and family counseling for clients struggling with substance use disorders.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Our comprehensive continuum of care includes intervention and assessments; residential care for teens and adults with on-site detox services; intensive outpatient care and continuing care; family support, education, and therapy; virtual outpatient services and family support programs; alumni programming and parent support groups; and prevention and early intervention education for students and communities.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
- Bachelor's Degree in counseling, psychology, or related field (Master's degree second level license required for Therapist title;)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (tCADC/CADC) within 90 days of hiring. Qualifications:
- Experience as a full-time substance use counselor preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Valid driver's license.
- Work hours prescribed by the Unit Coordinator and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
- Conduct individual assessment sessions for completion of comprehensive assessment histories of designated clients.
- Participate with direct supervisor in development of recommendations for patients and prepares assessment reports.
- Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions consistent with client treatment plans.
- Develops and coordinates individual treatment plans with client, supervisor, and referral sources.
- Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
- Complete online and paper form data reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, staff, and community groups.
- Assists individuals and families with referral resources for services as needed.
- Understand and comply with all principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
- Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials.
- Starting rate for Bachelors - $21.11/hour
- Starting rate for Masters - $24.44/hour
- Additional $.50/hour with CADC certification
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
This position qualifies for HRSA Loan Replacement Program and HRSA STAR program.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30AM- 5PM with one Evening 11:30AM-8PM
Work Location: Sioux City, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
- 1 year(s): For bachelor's degree candidates, one year work experience in human services, preferably with adolescents.
- Bachelors or better in Human Services or related field
Licenses & Certifications