At Jackson Hewitt, and its Franchisees, we provide an invaluable service in guiding our clients through the tax codes, rules, and processes. We do this with integrity, quality, and consistency. This is something that the vast majority of taxpayers don’t receive from DIY or other assisted providers. We take pride in that. The role you play is critical to our success and together we are “Working Hard for the Hardest Working Americans”. This is our mission and it’s a large part of why we work here. Together we are highly passionate about what we do, and how we can help our clients. Doing taxes is much more than filling in some forms. For most Americans, their tax return is the biggest single financial event of the year, and it can be quite an emotional experience. That’s where you come in! We are here to ease their stress and provide expert customer service and tax knowledge. Flexible Schedules Available:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Full-time or Part-time
What you’ll do here:
- Looking to learn a new career and break into the tax industry?
- Someone who has gaps in their work history or is looking to boost their skills and resume?
- Someone who has been out of the workforce over the last year while at home with family?
- New to the workforce or with limited experience/education, but a willingness to learn?
- Retired and want to continue to make an impact?
- Someone without a college diploma? No problem!
- A Veteran or military personnel transitioning from the service?
- Part of a military family that moves often with deployments?
- A recent college graduate or current college student?
- A stay-at-home parent who needs a flexible work schedule?
- A gig worker or looking to add a second income?
- Bilingual? Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
The Seasonal Client Service Associate supports the district with a variety of duties to include greeting clients, scheduling appointments, marketing to local businesses, and tech set-up. The position coordinates client flow and assists in preliminary data entry and document collection to support an efficient and positive tax preparation experience. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature. This position promotes the Jackson Hewitt brand through the delivery of superior customer service.
Skills you’ll bring for success:
- Greets all potential clients with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Engages in conversation with potential clients to share information about Jackson Hewitt’s services and promotions.
- Quickly and accurately verifies and enters customers’ personal and Form W-2 information into Jackson Hewitt’s proprietary software.
- Assists with scheduling tax preparation appointments.
- Monitor client flow at the location and keep clients engaged during periods of wait time.
- Monitor client activity and take initiative to answer phones and resolve client issues.
- Meets set-up deadlines to ensure office locations meet brand/marketing appearance standards in time for office openings.
- Provides equipment service at Jackson Hewitt locations to assemble, repair, or teardown furniture, computers, tech, or kiosk components using hand tools.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and inviting workplace, this may include removal of trash, vacuuming or sweeping, cleaning counters, cleaning glass, etc.
- Assist leadership in marketing and recruitment efforts, as needed.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a high-volume retail environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions required to include setup of office computer systems and the ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license and insurance are preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent related business experience preferred.
By submitting this form, I hereby acknowledge that most Jackson Hewitt locations are operated by independent franchisees and not Jackson Hewitt or its affiliates. I further acknowledge that franchisees are independent employers and separate companies and employers from Jackson Hewitt Inc., and set their own employment policies and practices. Franchisees are the exclusive employer of their employees and as such are solely responsible for all employment-related matters and decisions in their locations. Specifically, with regard to employees of franchisees, such franchisees, and not Jackson Hewitt, will have exclusive control over all employment-related decisions, including decisions concerning hiring, firing, wages, conditions of employment, discipline, staffing, or any other day-to-day employment issue. Jackson Hewitt Inc. will have no obligation or right to control any franchise employment issue relating to employees of a Jackson Hewitt franchisee. By applying for a job at a franchise-operated location, I understand that the information I provide will be forwarded to the franchisee in order for that organization to reach out to me and process and evaluate my application. I acknowledge that Jackson Hewitt will not receive a copy of my employment application and will have no involvement in any employment decisions regarding me, including whether I receive an interview or whether I am hired to work for the franchisee. I understand that I need to contact the relevant franchisee for information about its privacy practices. Any communications opt-out that I submit in any franchisee’s job application process is specific to that franchisee and will not be communicated to any other entity.