Welcome to Jackrabbit Technologies.
Jackrabbit Technologies is the leading provider of software and services that help youth activity centers -- gymnastics, dance, cheer, swim, music, childcare, and others -- grow and operate efficiently. We are an entrepreneurial-minded, rapidly-growing SaaS company that has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in North Carolina and one of North Carolina’s Top Industry-Driven Technology Companies. Jackrabbit Technologies’ SaaS solution powers nearly 7000 clients in 35 countries around the world.
Our culture empowers YOU.
We hire people passionate about what they do, provide them with the tools to succeed, and then get out of their way! Living our vision, mission, and values, our people are what make Jackrabbit Technologies an awesome place to work. And that “awesome place” is virtual--all of our employees enjoy the privilege of working remotely. We always have and always will. So, you must have reliable high-speed internet access. We are interested in speaking to qualified candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card Holders with no special circumstances living in the US. We are not able to sponsor visas.
What you'll do.
As a Senior QA Analyst at Jackrabbit Technologies, your primary role will be hands-on testing for the most complex development projects. Additionally, you’ll help drive QA process improvements, testing automation, and product quality best practices. Specifically, you will:
Sr QA Responsibilities
- Mentor less experienced QA Analysts as you work alongside them, providing coaching on the execution of software product quality testing and test automation in an Agile environment.
- Work with the QA Manager to evaluate, recommend and implement testing strategies, best practices and automation goals, defining an adoption plan with short, mid and long-term objectives and deliverables.
- Act as a technical SME, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for QA training with a specific focus on SQL and back-end testing
Hands-on QA Responsibilities
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams early in the project process to conduct requirement reviews, analyze new features and their proposed design, and make recommendations for changes before coding begins, with an emphasis on throughput, usability, quality, and predictability.
- Collaborate with the QA Manager, Product, and Engineering to identify and prioritize upcoming product testing needs, balancing immediate needs against planned sprint activity to ensure proper coverage and resource allocation.
- Fully document all testing activities with their appropriate artifacts by designing, creating, and reviewing test strategies, plans, scripts and reports.
- Employ creative thinking, an understanding of our customers, and curiosity to quickly identify and execute functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow.
- Validate all enhancements, new features, and bug fixes through rigorous testing in a variety of browsers and environments, planning and/or executing as required:
- Functional Testing
- UI/UX Testing
- Regression Testing
- Integration testing
- User Testing
- Performance/scalability/load testing
- Security/Penetration Testing
- Production Checkout and Sanity Checks
- Beta testing
- Log, Track and Verify the resolution of software defects, providing specific guidance on defects identified during testing to Developers and delivering suggested improvements identified during testing to product analysts for review and possible design changes
- Rapidly develop an expert-level understanding of the end-to-end User Experience acting as a subject-matter expert during the project life-cycle.
What you’re about.
You have a passion for powering client success with innovative, class-leading software products. You easily grasp complex topics and are able to automate and streamline redundant processes. As a Senior QA, you elevate people to excel through your example, and your collaborative and engaging style inspires your teammates to deliver, time after time. In addition, you have:
- 4-year business, STEM or CS degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years experience as a hands-on QA Analyst in a B2B or B2C software product development environment (SaaS preferred).
- 2 years experience testing mobile applications (ios and android)
- 2 years experience using the Agile Scrum Methodology.
- 2 years experience designing and building test cases in a test automation tool.
- Proficiency in data analysis and identifying and applying meaningful metrics.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized, with an ability to multitask, balance multiple priorities, and lead well under pressure.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written, presentation).
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET and ASP.NET web applications is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Charlotte-based)/25% (non Charlotte-based).
What you will love about us.
- Our Culture! Read what our employees say about working at Jackrabbit on Glassdoor.
- We work remotely. We always have - we always will!
- Our Health and Wellness Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts.
- We help you with the unexpected. Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance. Opportunity to elect Critical Illness and Accident Insurance. Plus confidential access to legal and life counseling and mental health support available 24/7.
- Your future looks bright at Jackrabbit. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to financial planning.
- We pay you to play, rest, recharge and balance your life. Paid Time Off, Paid Parental and Sabbatical leaves.
- You will grow your skills with us.Annual allowance for professional development.
- We give back. Paid Time to volunteer in your community.
Jackrabbit Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer.