Service Dispatch Manager
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here's what you can expect from us:
When you're a part of our team, you'll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That's why we're dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
The role of the Dispatch manager is crucial to the overall day to day performance of our business. Every delivery that is made and service call performed for a customer, is handled through the dispatch teams. The dispatch teams are also the hub of communication in our operations. All customer calls for service and delivery-related requests are handled by these teams as are all communication throughout the day with our drivers and service technicians. Essentially the Dispatch Manager is the planner and responsible to communicate the plan to the team (other managers) and ensure the team executes to the plan.
- Ensures alignment of team and individual goals, focusing on change and continuous improvement initiatives to achieve business objectives
- Provides clear direction by establishing and regularly communicating performance expectations and results with the team, and takes appropriate actions to address issues as and when they arise
- Contribute to overall operations success by providing direction to team to develop a weekly forecast and managing customer demand to resources.
- Coordinates customer demand with resources and provides direction to the team on how to manage work load and achieve our priorities.
- Holds individuals accountable for their commitments, job performance and behaviors by regularly providing timely, specific and constructive feedback
- Conveys a sense of urgency and moves issues to closure through effective planning and prioritizing of activities
- Demonstrates an ability to make difficult decisions to support strategy
- Celebrates successes and acknowledges disappointments in such a way that they motivate an even higher level of commitment and performance
- Responsible for development and management of assigned location budget, and performance target in order to maximize productivity.
- Knowledgeable in current and potential practices and trends in the industry to develop strategies to increase profitability
- Builds trust and support through active networking with other departments to leverage product and service development
- Demonstrates, communicates and rewards Company values
- Applies creative approaches to addressing needs to achieve win-win solutions
- Consistently builds knowledge of customer and market issues for assigned region and identifies potential threats and opportunities.
- Ensure business reliability through managing all health, safety and environmental programs and issues in region.
- Contribute to overall IEDM operations and improve performance of Dispatchers/Loadbuilders through leading and coaching team members by monitoring performance, monitoring calls, ensuring KPIs are met, taking disciplinary action, and providing annual performance reviews.
- Ensure Fulfilment operationally meeting the needs of IEDM Operations utilizing Service Technicians, Drivers and Trucks by coordinating day-to-day interactions with Coordinator – Distribution/Service on building loads and dispatcher efficiency and affectivity.
- Contribute to overall corporate finances through ensuring department operates efficiency and meets budget figures on a monthly basis by monitoring all expenses and ensuring staff meets or exceeds KPIs.
- Ensure fulfilment is the provider of choice through leading projects involving departmental changes and standardization by planning, developing, training, implementing and communicating initiatives involving fulfilment
- Analytical capabilities and extreme attention to accuracy
- Ability to work in a time sensitive and fast paced environment
- Highly accountable for the success of business objectives
- Patience required when dealing with a variety of audiences, being responsive to other’s needs
- Fast-paced environment that needs quick decision-making and multitasking capabilities
- High sense of urgency a necessity
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written along with presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level customer service skills
- Well-developed analytical and relationship building skills.
Educational Requirements: Post-secondary education in business, with a customer service background preferred, or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirements: 3-5 years in industry related operations and/or customer service.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Customer Service, Management
Job Requirements - Education