Drive sales growth with exciting, innovative, medical technology!
Type of Position:
Full time (hiring for multiple positions)
New York City, NY - USA
Intellijoint Surgical develops effective and easy to use products to enhance surgeons’ care and patients’ lives. Today, Intellijoint technology lives in the operating room helping surgeons improve implant positioning during hip and knee replacement surgeries. Our technology has been used in over 37,000 surgeries - helping us to gain real-world feedback from patients and surgeons to improve our products. We are seeking Sales Consultants to join our East US sales team in New York City to join in our growth to bring innovative technologies to the market. We are a growing organization that is looking to expand our team in New York City.
As a Sales Consultant with Intellijoint Surgical, you take pride in driving business forward through relationship development, providing outstanding customer service and committing to closing sales opportunities. This role requires a high degree of personal responsibility. Success in this role is consistently balancing surgery case coverage, business expansion, business acquisition and territory logistics with your selling Pod teammates.
As a snapshot, we are looking for someone who is:
- Influential and persuasive with experience acquiring new business in the medical technology, medical device and/or orthopedics market.
- Fiercely mission driven. At Intellijoint, we’re dedicated to our mission - to improve patient’s lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy to use technology - and expect our sales organization to humbly live by it every case, every day.
- An organized, self-starter that understands there is a process and structure to achieving strong results.
- A humble, team player that listens to other’s ideas, shares thoughts and ultimately knows that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
- In concert with the other members of your selling Pod, lead and/or manage complex selling activities involving multiple decision makers and teams of buyers, this includes activities such as generating leads, making sales calls, identifying decision makers, influencing change in customers, gaining/renewing hospital contract approvals.
- Achieve revenue target each and every quarter by expanding business with existing customers and converting new business, while ensuring the existing customer base is retained.
- Become technically proficient and provide surgical case coverage to ensure the safe and effective use of Intellijoint Surgical’s technology. This includes providing training to hospital staff and delivery/set-up of instruments and systems
- Establishes and maintains communication with peers and sales management through Intellijoint’s CRM tool. Attention is dedicated to number of sales calls made, follow-up required, market/opportunity potential and recommendations as to new sales, pricing, or promotional strategies
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Research & Development to convey customer feedback and provide insights into new opportunities and/or programs for growth.
- Responsible for tracking and managing field inventory and sales samples
Skills and Experience to Enable Success:
- Experience working in the medical device, medical technology or orthopaedics industry.
- 3 years of sales experience with a consistent track record of exceeding targets.
- Act as a role model to selling colleagues and actively participate in maintaining a culture of selling excellence.
- Skilled in business communications, sales presentations, influencing without formal authority, and the ability to understand and articulate the value of the company’s products in both clinical and economic terms.
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to use a methodical approach to selling within unique hospital and surgical settings.
- Ability to use different methods as a means of gaining access.
- Ability to navigate challenges, understand roadblocks and “no” answers while adapting to these responses.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level.
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day.
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation.
- Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the Operating Room.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Sales Consultants are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise.
- Sales Consultants serve as a primary resource for scheduled and on-call assignments to address business needs.
- Has access to a vehicle and must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy.
Expectations and Employee Experience
- Be passionate about growth, personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way.
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work.
- Work alongside a highly talented and driven group of team members and colleagues’ organization wide
- Work in an environment with high transparency and collaboration along with lots of fun and social activities
- Be ok with change and share in our excitement as we scale
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
Intellijoint Surgical is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants solely on the basis of their qualifications. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Intellijoint Surgical encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Those in need of accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process should notify email@example.com. Any information received that relates to accommodation needs of a candidate will be addressed in a confidential manner.