DescriptionINFINISOURCE CONSULTING SOLUTIONS (ICS)
InfiniSource Consulting Solutions (ICS), a 150 employee government contractor specializing in Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Professional Services to the federal government. We tailor our services to meet the specific needs of our civilian, defense, and private-industry sponsor. Our corporate support processes are ISO 9001 certified, giving our customers the confidence that we are continually measuring and improving upon the support we provide and are committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
ICS is seeking a Technical Writer II to join our team!
The individual shall provide technical writing support services to produce various high-quality documentation for The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) divisions and offices. The individual will perform tasks not limited to:
- Collecting and interpreting technical data or information and coordinating layout for publication.
- Creating and publishing technical documentations and manuals.
- Documenting tracking, filing, and knowledge management.
- Ensuring correct grammar, format, style, and logic while using a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics tools.
- Editing narratives and graphic products to identify and correct typographical and grammatical errors and logical inconsistencies that may require the author’s attention.
- Performing research, composing, refining, and editing material for reports, manuals, proposals, instructional material, catalogs, technical and outreach publications, and software/hardware documentations.
- Additional tasks may also include gathering technical data from independent observation, reviews with staff members, and/or studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- Coordinating efforts of technical artists and/or illustrators to prepare reports, articles, and publications for internal/external distribution.
- Revising text and recommending changes in scope, format, and content as needed to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Communicating information in standard documents for coordinated reviews and approval.
- Additional administrative responsibilities include document tracking, filing, and knowledge management.
- Explaining technical data and information in styles that are tailored for specific audiences (non-technical and technical).
- Gathering and converting data into a written narrative.
- Eliciting, defining, refining, and tracing documentation requirements of a business and technical nature.
- Gathering applicable background information on technologies, methods, and standards and shall compose/revise text and recommends changes in scope, format, and content to ensure conformance with established standards.
The individual shall have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of business operations and functional areas such as human resources, federal government budget and financial management, contract management, ad hoc reporting, purchasing, customer service, process improvements, business relationship management and basic project management.
- Proficiency utilizing IT resources such as Microsoft Office Suite products (specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Microsoft Outlook).
InfiniSource Consulting Solutions (ICS) is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class US Citizenship is required for most positions.
InfiniSource Consulting Solutions offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurances, and a 401(k) retirement plan.