$15 - $16.50 per hour DOE/DOQ
Subject to change depending on State/City/County minimums.
Do you think of your pet as a member of the family? If so, then we have a lot in common! Like you, we are extremely devoted to our pets and only want the best for them. We are a community of true pet lovers with shared interests and values. We are professionally committed to being your resource for all aspects of pet ownership including health and nutrition, training, grooming and the latest in general pet care. As a Team Member, you make a difference in the lives of pets by delivering exceptional service to our pet parents, acting as a steward of the store’s environment, achieving positive business results, and performing operational functions.
Why should you join our team?
Full-time team members enjoy the following:
- Growth opportunities! Be sure to ask about our groomer training and apprenticeship program
- PTO (paid time off) – 2 weeks in first year, 3 weeks in second year
- Paw-Ternity (paid Pet Adoption bonding time)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/ Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – medical and dependent care
- Greatly discounted, employer-subsidized pet insurance
- Generous discounts on goods and services
- $25K life insurance policy (employer paid)
- Short and Long-term disability (employer paid)
- Employee Assistance Program/ 24X7 – completely confidential
- Groomer referral bonus program
But don’t just take my word for it . . .
Check out what our team members have to say . . .
Essential Job Functions
The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provide guests with an exceptional experience
- Share product knowledge and suggestions to fit customer needs and promote pet health
- Perform front end duties such as handling the cash register, bagging, replenishing merchandise, and preparing displays
- Organize and maintain a clean store front and stock room
- Assist with other projects as needed including markdowns, re-tickets, labeling products, and special store events
- All other assigned duties from the Store Manager and/or any member of the Retail Management Team
- Passion for extraordinary customer service and the well-being of pets
- Willingness to be educated about the products and services offered
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts
- Time management and organizational skills
- Position requires person to be both indoors and outdoors (to assist with customer carry out)
- Majority of day is spent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of animals including small and large dogs
- Must be able to work around pet hair and dander
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or citizenship status.