Job No: 516118
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Building Service Worker (multiple openings)
Division Name: Finance and Planning
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Directly responsible for cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting all designated interior and exterior spaces according to set standards and procedures.
1. High School graduation or equivalent.
2. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions necessary for learning cleaning procedures or any other function related to the job.
2. Ability to clean, sanitize and disinfect all designated interior and exterior spaces according to set standards and procedures.
3. Ability to perform general/detail cleaning and re-lamping within all designated space types according to set standards established for each space type.
4. Ability to operate equipment according to manufacturer's specification, in accordance with on the job training.
5. Ability to use cleaning chemicals according to manufacturer's specification, on the job training, following safety precautions.
6. Ability to follow the cleaning procedures per space type as listed within the Building Service Worker training manual in order to provide consistent cleaning campus.
7. Ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with applicable local, state, federal and university safety and health recommendations and regulations.
Multiple shifts available
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to walk and stand for 6-8 hours per day.
2. Ability to lift 35 lbs.
3. Ability to push/pull up to 80 lbs.
4. Ability to bend, stoop, twist; ability to climb ladders and stairs; ability to work above shoulder level for extended periods of time; ability to work around dust, fumes, and environmental irritants.
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work history portions. Be specific on your work history, including employment dates (if part-time you must list the number of work hours) and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position; however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience. Please do not put "see resume" in the duties and responsibilities section of the work history. This will be considered an incomplete application and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
In order to be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, appropriate military service documentation, such as a DD214, may be sent by fax, mailed or delivered to Human Resources by the deadline date indicated on the posting.
Fax: (309) 438-0011, Attn: Colette Homan
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
This position is represented by AFSCME Local 1110.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: 01/26/2023 02:30 PM CST
Application Closes: 02/13/2023 11:55 PM CST
Restaurants & Catering Services
Illinois State University offers bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs in arts, business, nursing, technology and humanities branches.
The job skills required for Building Service Worker (multiple openings) include Planning, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Building Service Worker (multiple openings). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Building Service Worker (multiple openings). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Building Service Worker (multiple openings) positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Building Service Worker (multiple openings), it can be promoted into senior positions as a General Maintenance Worker II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Building Service Worker (multiple openings). You can explore the career advancement for a Building Service Worker (multiple openings) below and select your interested title to get hiring information.