10071 – Sr. Software Engineer
Under the direction of the Section Manager, the Sr. Software Engineer performs analysis of user requirements, system design, develop, testing and implementation of bug- fixes, service requests and projects. Provides application maintenance and support. Diagnoses and troubleshoots daily operations, programs and system problems. Performs the functions of a Team Leader on specific projects, and lead team members to provide quality deliverables on time. This includes coordination with other IT groups. Provides clients support and “on call” support to operational staff for error resolution and recovery during business hours, as well as night and weekends. Makes recommendations to improve the HAEA operations.
In addition, the Sr. Software Engineer will assume the primary Sales Operation support role involving the following tasks:
- SAP Sales: Region/Company/Fleet Sales processing, wholesale/retail, cash draft, Interfaces with WebDCS/3rd party vendors/AS400/BW, EDW/Others.
- Resolve/support daily operation issues, bug fixes, new enhancements requests, and user inquiries
- Support Sales/Finance closing reports
- Provide business insight, respond to inquiries, initiate projects, and resolve any urgent requests from the Sales organization
Customer Satisfaction (30%)
- Learn the business model to better understand client needs
- Make recommendations, propose solutions and review project documents to meet the client business requirements for new projects and system enhancements
- Play a key role as liaison between IT groups and the client for daily support and new project development.
- Play as the final quality assurance decision maker for new projects, new enhancements and service requests
- Facilitate business requirements gathering sessions with the business users and key technical resources for IT teams
- Meet with the client on a scheduled basis, and manage expectations to achieve survey score targets
Production Support (35%)
- Lead team members to provide bug-fixes in a time-line consistent with HAEA policy and client SLA, even if 24 X 7 support is required at times
- Provide daily support to the client by performing analyses and making recommendations
- Create and store documented check-lists for scheduled tasks
- Support the mid and month-end closes
- Lead IT team members, conducting training as necessary, and coordinate with other IT groups to accomplish support related technical assignments
- Conduct code reviews of team members as necessary to achieve maintainable, high quality code
- Create and store proper documentation for future knowledge transfer and support
- Follow HISNA policy regarding change control, and corporate security
Project Management (35%)
- Help prepare documentation to gain funding for projects
- Help interview and train contractors who work on projects and help with production support
- Enforce HISNA PMO methodologies to prevent scope creep, provide quality deliverables, on time, within budget
- Make status updates to HISNA systems and project plans
- Communicate project statuses to HISNA and client management on a timely basis
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of system design/programming experience.
- Experience with SAP SD, SAP MM, SAP ABAP, SQL MS .NET preferred
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Good documentation, data modeling, database design, and system design/architecture skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and project management methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
The job skills required for 10071 – Sr. Software Engineer include Computer science, Analysis, Futures, Programming, SQL, Code Review, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a 10071 – Sr. Software Engineer.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by 10071 – Sr. Software Engineer.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Computer science
The following is the career advancement route for 10071 – Sr. Software Engineer positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a 10071 – Sr. Software Engineer,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Software Engineer V that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
10071 – Sr. Software Engineer. You can explore the career advancement for a 10071 – Sr. Software Engineer below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.