Accounts Assistant Location: Hybrid/Flexible home working, but ideally based in the Berkshire UK area Salary - Up to £28k depending on experience
huumun is a digital engagement business. Our work makes high science mean more to the people it touches. We create engaging digital experiences for leading pharma and medical sector clients worldwide. Our team combines digital tech, data science and creative skills. And together we transform life science brands for healthcare professionals and the patients they serve. Why this role?
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day transactions within the Finance Department, reporting into the Accounts Manager and performing a range of general accounting and book-keeping functions, including raising invoices, paying suppliers, credit control and payroll. What's involved?
All about you
- Accounts Receivable - prepare and submit customer invoices, post and receipt payments, perform all necessary reconciliations to the ledger.
- Accounts Payable - check, verify and process supplier invoices, prepare payments for approval, post supplier payments, analyse discrepancies and review unpaid invoices. Once posted, perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations and support with month end procedures with guidance from Accounts Manager
- Payroll - support with the monthly payroll process and work closely with the external payroll and pension companies and HR Business Partners when required. Review and support the processing of payroll data, verify taxes and other deductions, prepare payroll & pension reports for approval
- Cash - support with all cash management activities including, allocating cash payments and receipts, performing monthly bank reconciliations, verifying and investigating discrepancies, perform currency translations, preparing payment runs and liaising with the Bank as required
- Credit Control - manage customer accounts and deal with delayed payments and non-payments
- General Accounting Functions - update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records, assist in month end reporting procedures.
- VAT - support with the verifying and preparation of quarterly VAT reports ensuring VAT returns are filed with HMRC in a timely manner
- Credit Card & Expenses - check and process credit card statements & expenses, update and maintain the necessary records, deal with queries when required
- Ad hoc duties as required by the Company from time to time
Here's the kind of profile we're looking for - see how you match up:
The benefits of being huumun
- Proven working experience as an Accounts Assistant
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting or similar or qualified by experience
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Proven knowledge of VAT and payroll taxes
- Competent computer skills, including MS Office and Accounting Software
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise work well, and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to take own initiative and drive actions
- Ability to work independently
- Highly flexible with a willingness to adapt to changing priorities
We pay competitive salaries, company pension scheme and health insurance. You'll enjoy 25 days' annual leave - plus an extra day on your birthday - on top of your local public holidays. Freedom Fridays (1 Friday a month off in any month without a bank holiday)
You'll also have all the kit you need to make hybrid or home-working as smooth and seamless as possible. And get to work with impressive, professional and friendly colleagues - as well as some of world's leading pharma, medical and life sciences brands. All about us
Our business is grounded in tech. But we know every digital interaction is a unique personal experience. One that engages emotions, interests, needs and desires. This idea drives everything we create - and how we work together too. With colleagues, clients and partners, we do our best to respect each other. And try to make being huumun fulfilling, friendly and rewarding for us all.
We embrace workforce diversity and believe it enriches us all. We give full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of difference. And apply the same to the continuing development of all employees. We won't discriminate on age, ability, gender identity or reassignment, race or ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parental responsibility. And we do what we can to support people's mental, physical and emotional health. huumun: just knowing makes it feel better.