Guest Service Supervisor
REPORTS TO:??Guest Relations Manager
· Entire scope of the Valet operations.
· A working Supervisor who assists with all front desk operations from pre arrival, check in/check out, to post departure and assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guest’s cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
· Understands and drives business metrics and performance measurements to ensure effectiveness, high performance and compliance
· Demonstrates the ability to improve the financial performance and profitability of the parking operation and front desk
· Understands and recognizes ways to maximize opportunities
· Demonstrates the ability to positively move the metrics for forecasting, productivity, claims, customer service, and turnover
· Manages scheduling, overtime for associates under his/her direct supervision, tip reporting, and timekeeping for valet
· Leadership dealing with concerns, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise on the front drive or at the front desk
· Hotel guest satisfaction.
· Conflict resolution both guest and employee.
· Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Hotel making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training, and correcting where needed.
· Direct and oversee all valet operations to ensure guest & employee satisfaction and safety.
· Inform staff of daily activities, group, and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.?
· Always maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment.
· Welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guest’s cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
· Must actively participate in the decision-making process regarding guest satisfaction.
· Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
· Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.?
SAFETY AND RISK MANAGEMENT:
· Understands and follows safety and security procedures
· Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by the company
· Reports all accidents and incidents immediately, via online reporting form
· Reports all potential high risk areas and safety concerns to the General Manager or Managing Director
· Ensures all associates have been adequately trained in safety and loss prevention procedures
· Ensures claims are reported timely and accurately and cooperates with the Regional Director of Operations to resolve claims
· Consistently follows the progressive disciplinary process to hold associates accountable for at-fault claims and safety violations
· Promptly responds to any concerns regarding workplace safety
· Follows the procedures for reporting on-the-job injuries with Human Resources to effectively manage worker’s compensation cases
· Adheres to Coury Hospitality employment and payroll policies and procedures
SYSTEMS AND STANDARDS:
· Fully understands and utilizes the systems provided by Coury Hospitality to control assets and expenditures
· Trains associates or sees that they are trained to properly use the systems provided
· Maintains a clean, neat work environment
· Treats clients and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity
· Maintains strict confidentiality related to associate and client information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong customer-relation skills with a total commitment to guest satisfaction. Must be a "people-person" who thrives on public contact.
· Fosters an environment that retains talented associates
· Responds proactively to associate feedback and suggestions, including satisfaction surveys and exit interviews
· Sees that new associates get off to the right start through proper orientation and on-the-job training
· Recognizes great performance and provides opportunities for top performers to learn and grow
· Professional appearance and mannerism.
· Supervisory and performance management skills.
· Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
· Accounting and organizational skills.
· Ability to deal with guests when they are angry or upset.
· Ability to work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
· Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
· Ability to attend to more than one task at a time.
· Technical knowledge of Front Desk operations.
· Customer Service and Supervisor experience required. Front Desk experience required, with minimum of 2 years. Valet experience helpful.
· Must be able to stand/move quickly for long periods of time.
· Must be able to climb up to 4 flights of stairs, and jog/run between locations.
· Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background, and MVR.
· May include crowded office setting for administrative work or “close quarters”.
· Must be able to work a varied shift including nights, holidays and weekends required by business needs.
The job skills required for Guest Services Supervisor include Guest Service, Scheduling, Customer Service, Leadership, Coaching,and Problem Solving etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Guest Services Supervisor. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Guest Services Supervisor. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Guest Services Supervisor, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Guest Services Supervisor for your reference.