Hostess Brands, LLC, is a large packaged food company focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States such as Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies®, CupCakes, Voortman’s Cookies and Wafers.
The receptionist is responsible for welcoming visitors to our office, handling general office duties such as incoming telephone calls, and a variety of administrative support responsibilities. This position will have access to confidential and sensitive information, correspondence and reports and thus will need to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and trustworthiness. This position requires the ability to remain friendly and calm under pressure, as well as flexible and resourceful when presented with challenges or changes. The individual in this role must be very dependable and punctual. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is accountable for performing a wide range of administrative and office support for the corporate headquarters. This role will report to the Sr. Executive Assistant – Office Manager and will be located at the corporate office in Lenexa, KS.
- Welcome guest in a professional, welcoming manner to ensure they have a positive first impression of the company.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of reception area
- Monitor incoming and outgoing mail; receive and sign for mail/packages from couriers and deliver to proper recipient
- Provide administrative support to Office Manager and assist with projects as directed.
- Provide support to the recruiting and onboarding process by greeting candidates, and new associates, issuing credentials, coordinating travel arrangements for out-of-town candidates
- Assist in planning and scheduling meetings, special events, and general event planning – both large and small.
- Assist with corporate bookings such as flights, hotels, restaurants, and venues for office staff and managers.
- Prepare and assemble information and materials for company meetings including PowerPoint slides, handouts, and other necessary materials.
- Review correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials.
- Assist with invoices and expense reports.
- Assist legal department with special projects as assigned.
- Maintain corporate documents, records, and report including paper and electronic files.
- Organize catering, coffee, or other refreshments as needed.
- Maintain conference room scheduling, equipment, and cleaning.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place order when necessary.
- Receive, manage, and submit work orders for building maintenance; ensures problems are resolved quickly.
- Serve as liaison with building property management for maintenance needs.
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role requires an experienced office professional who possesses a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and adaptability as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively while maintaining professionalism in all situations. Our culture thrives on creative energy and collaboration, and above all, we’re looking for a positive team player with a sense of fun.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Customer Service role.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Legal administrative experience (considered a plus)
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Travel & Expense Management Experience
- Friendly and welcoming personality, with a strong customer service and hospitality mindset; must be professional and polished in both demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in person and over the phone.
- Must be customer focused, have a positive attitude, and be a team player willing to assist other departments as necessary.
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality, manage sensitive matters and maintain professional composure and friendly approach in stressful or unplanned situations.
- Exceptionally punctual and reliable, with the ability to occasionally work overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to prioritize, remain organized, provide attention to detail and consistent follow through.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with individuals internally and externally in alignment with the Company’s Core Values and commitment to excellence and service.