` This position is located in Springfield, IL and is not a remote position.
The Technical Support Analyst
will maintain computer systems and virtual workstations, including installs, upgrades, replacements, enhancements and modifications.
Experience and Education Expectations:
- Skills include customer service, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and repair on computer systems including desktops, laptops, peripherals, printers, scanners, etc.
- Analyze and performs problem resolution and repairs on end-user computer systems and other related issues within the environment to minimize downtime to the end-users.
- Support computer systems by fixing problems and making enhancements with the guidance of experienced staff.
- Knowledge of backup software and the processes around it.
- Provide direct Tier 2 level support to customers with an emphasis on first call resolution
- Knowledge of various hardware components, operating systems and applications in use by the corporation.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing fast paced environment, changes in priorities, and to learn quickly and be composed under pressure.
- Document in detail the issue being reported, steps taken to resolve, or attempt to resolve, and to escalate to the appropriate support team.
- Responsible for meeting critical performance measures for the team including service level agreements and quality standards.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Advances job knowledge to next level by working with other team members, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Proactively provide status, raise issues, and communicate necessary information on a regular basis via daily stand-up meetings, one-on-one meetings, and/or impromptu occasions.
- Associates degree in applicable field or 1-3 years applicable work experience in a related field.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We're motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children's future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice