The Staff Pharmacist position is a very important role in the functioning of the pharmacy. It requires a licensed pharmacist to work in and operate the pharmacy on a daily basis as scheduled, often without the direct oversight of the pharmacy manager. Our stores strive to be independent, service oriented and personal pharmacies. Not only do we carry out the routine job of filling of prescriptions; we also go the extra mile for our customers representing our community based HTP mission.
Our hope is to be a caring, friendly and personal health care center for the community we serve, and the patients who depend on us. Most importantly our pharmacists must be friendly, caring and people oriented, always leading by example while nurturing and maintaining the HomeTown culture.
The job expectations and responsibilities of the Staff Pharmacist include the following:
- Must be a licensed Pharmacist
- Filling Rxs/processing/counting/labeling, etc.
- Be responsible for smooth daily operation of pharmacy
- Be willing to make decisions as needed for operation of store
- Be willing to handle customer or employee problems as arise
- Receive prescriptions/gather and process patient information
- Computer processing/adding patients, doctors, drugs, etc.
- Answering the phone
- Calling Doctor’s office for refills, patient/Rx information –clarification, etc.
- Call insurance company when needed
- Checking in Rx orders for patient/calling on shorts, overages, order errors, outdates, credits, out of stocks etc. (including the out-front orders when necessary)
- Check in controlled substance orders and complete order forms
- File invoices appropriately
- Download CSOS files daily for all vendors
- Daily orders for inventory/stock. Inventory control-walking the shelves/straightening/checking for outs and over stock/checking for outdates, etc…
- Checking on owes and make sure items have been ordered and received promptly
- Stock Rx dept. daily with supplies/bags/vials, etc...
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and business-related information
- Return prescriptions to stock not picked after 30 days, credit insurance company and patient records
- Ensure refrigerator temperature/humidity is checked/recorded daily
- Must conduct Comprehensive Medication Reviews and other MTM activities effectively
- Do whatever is deemed necessary for creating a friendly, caring, safe and happy environment/culture for both customer and teammates
- Have Fun and Be Positive Every Day!
Skills that are an absolute must include:
- Outstanding Customer Services Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
Benefits of working for HomeTown Pharmacy:
- Competitive Wages
- Work Life Balance