Who Are We?
RAM Hotels – a dynamic, thriving, innovative hotel management company headquartered in Columbus, Georgia. Over the last few years, we have quietly and steadfastly taken our place as a leader in the hospitality industry of corporate America; while serving some of the most well-known midscale hotel brands in key markets throughout the Alabama and Georgia region. We strive to meet our guests demands while continuously changing the perception of the hospitality industry. When you join RAM Hotels, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career, you become part of the RAM Hotels family!
POSITION: General Manager
The General Manager will oversee all aspects of property management in accordance with our company’s policy, established procedures, brand standards, and mission statement. The General Manager will assume the responsibility of improving our level of service to enhance profitability of our hotel which includes maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction and staff development within established quality standards. The General Manager will oversee all hiring, training, development, and discipline of congenial, efficient and effective team members. The General Manager will promote sales activity to maintain and increase occupancy and average daily rate (ADR) while maintaining the property in an efficient and cost-effective manner maximizing guest satisfaction and profitability. If your passion is delivering quality and value, this may be the job for you.
· Analyze current/potential market sales and trends; coordinate all activity to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increase rate; ensure brand initiatives are implemented and communicate follow-up actions to team members as necessary; identify key drivers of business success and keep leadership focused on those considered most critical
· Reinforce and maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness to ensure guest expectation is achieved; assist with emergency and security procedures if and when needed; promote good safety practices within the hotel establishment of team members and guest; establish and monitor preventive maintenance program to protect physical assets of the hotel establishment
· Focus on building the hotel establishment top line revenue by assisting in the development of a sales and marketing strategy; provide input and support overall sales strategy; provide recommendation to meet yield and penetration objectives; develop strong community and public relations by participating in local events and sponsor events showcasing the hotel establishment
· Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or similar degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Hotel operations experience to include knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of federal, state, and municipal authority
· Certified Hospitality Administrator designation (preferred)
· Presentation/Facilitation Skills (preferred)
· Excellent customer service skills
· Previous experience in the hospitality industry (preferred)
· Hotel Management Operations experience (preferred)
· Knowledge of government relations regarding hotel operations (preferred)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must be flexible to work varied schedules
· Ability to delegate and direct the activities of the team to ensure efficient operation
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Must have the physical ability to walk, bend, and stand for long time periods
· Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to express compassion while remaining composed; ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
· Promote the property by demonstrating a “top-notch” attitude toward our guests which includes anticipating the guests needs – be proactive
· Ensure that you are always a positive representation of the property; embrace and respect diversity and multi-cultural environments
RAM Hotels hires the best people, we work extremely hard to provide benefits that make work-life balance that much more enjoyable. As a leader in the hospitality industry; we promote advancement opportunities, we offer our eligible employees comprehensive health benefit packages for you and your family, vacation time, quarterly bonuses, and other additional perks being an employee of RAM Hotels.
RAM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.