We’re always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, you’ll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. You’ll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. You’ll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Come, join us. It’ll be fun.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department.
- Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well-stocked and problem-free.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Supports maintaining of cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory in each restaurant.
- Assists Sous Chef with administrative duties.
- Assists with maintaining established quality assurance procedures to ensure acceptable health department and customer service standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- High School Diploma or GED required; minimum of two years culinary experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
Something to leave you with
We’ve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, online gaming via Barstool Sportsbook and theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability — for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
Click HERE to learn more about our career opportunities, programs, benefits, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting up to $22 hourly, pay based on experience