Opportunity: Aquatics Manager
Responsible for the safety and the management of the Aquatics Operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage daily operations of the Aquatics staff
- Ensures all operational and safety procedures are properly followed
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate aquatic staff regularly.
- Instructs StarGuard or Ellis & Associates Lifeguard training & certification, as needed.
- Coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and a positive work environment.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflict.
- Develop, implement, and monitor programming and schedules for waterpark operation.
- Maintains a working knowledge of emergency procedures, administers and coordinates emergency first aid as necessary, as well as, documenting incidents involving guests and employees.
- Maintains and tracks incidents reports and complete trending on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assists in monthly inventory of department operating supplies, uniforms, and first-aid and guest supplies and places orders, as needed.
- Maintain and supervise the overall pool deck cleanliness
- Conducts monthly checks for AED, backboard and supplemental oxygen supplies.
- Communicates with appropriate departments when necessary.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role or 1 year in management role preferable in a hotel/Waterpark operation.
- Previous Lifeguard experience required.
- Current Lifeguard Certification including CPR and First Aid.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to analyze routine data to make appropriate judgments regarding the process of inspecting/cleaning guest rooms and supervisory duties.
Work Environment and Context
- Frequently standing up and moving about the pool area.
- Carrying or lifting persons from water.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours/split shifts and be able to handle stressful conditions.
- Must be able to swim 200 continuous yards and retrieve 10 lb. brick from the bottom of 5 1/2 feet and tread water with no hands for 2 minutes.
- May be required to work rotating shifts, and/or overtime.
- Wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
Enjoy the only All-Suite Holiday Inn Resort in Orlando, Florida at the entrance to the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort where Kids 11 and under eat free for breakfast and dinner! A Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel, The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is located in the heart of Orlando, one mile from the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. Complimentary, scheduled shuttle service is available.
The resort is minutes from the Walt Disney World Resort area, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, The Orange County Convention Center and the I-Drive entertainment district featuring ICON360. Our location is easily accessible to shopping at both Orlando Premium Outlets and Disney Springs.
Our Orlando family resort features 777 spacious suites, free high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, and 42" HDTVs. At the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark, you'll enjoy two pools, the 4-D Experience, Bank Heist Laser Challenge, resort entertainment and Arcade. The resort’s Marketplace is the hub for shopping, dining and entertainment with a gift shop, food court, full service restaurant and bar.