Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
The wage range for this position is $14.00/hr - $16.75/hr, dependent on prior work history and experience.
At Holiday, we are serious about helping seniors enjoy a well-earned retirement. In the role of Housekeeper, you will be responsible to maintain Holiday Community interior, including residents’ apartments, in a clean and sanitary fashion and in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Provide general housekeeping for both the Community as a whole and individual resident apartments. This includes, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the main entry way, common areas, dining room, hallways, patios, and resident apartments.
- Resident apartments also include cleaning and defrosting refrigerators (as needed), cleaning and check of heat system filters, etc., changing the bed and linens and making sure adequate linen supplies are in each apartment. Turning mattresses (with assistance) as necessary and emptying waste baskets.
- Provide deep cleaning of apartments as needed. Pay special attention to the main entry area, with focus on carpets, plants, pictures, railings, windows and light fixtures.
- Launder all linens by washing and drying in the laundry facilities provided.
- Follow Holiday’s sanitation and safety procedures. Details regarding the housekeeper’s cleaning responsibilities can be found in the Holiday Retirement Community Care Guidelines.
- Complete weekly and monthly inventories of cleaning supplies, chemicals, toilet paper, linen and other items.
- When needed spot check rooms using the housekeeping evaluation checklist with assistance of the general manager.
- Help support the community leadership team when speaking with staff and residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior related experience in housekeeping preferred
- Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
- Previous team lead experience preferred
- Effective communication skills in English
- General knowledge of sanitation and safety practices or ability to quickly learn and retain
- Ability to perform housekeeping duties following housekeeping sanitation standards
- Basic Computer skills
Starting at $14.00 / hour