Answers telephone calls, assesses needs and determines appropriate actions for account resolution.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously and thoroughly assesses needs, complaints and/or concerns of the inquirer. Verified via random monitoring of calls, customer feedback and account documentation review.
• Logs in and out consistently of the Call Management System and maintains an average hold time no longer than 1:30 minutes. Verified by monthly reports.
• Receives a percentage of the incoming calls and affects appropriate call resolution as demonstrated by monthly productivity reports. Percent of calls will be adjusted based on staffing numbers.
• Performs the necessary investigation and takes the appropriate action necessary to resolve an account (i.e., refund requests, review of charges, rebill, courtesy discount or collection of additional funds from the guarantor) and follows up with no more than five errors/occasions per year as documented by random Management review.
• Updates the appropriate systems with comprehensive documentation of issue resolution or status.
Accepts payment arrangements through telephone calls and in person with guarantors or patients
• Accepts payment arrangements that are mutually acceptable by the Hospital and guarantor, parent and/or patient as specified in departmental guidelines.
• Services the patients or guarantors that visit the Business Office as evidenced by the walk-in log monthly.
• Updates the appropriate systems with comprehensive documentation of payment arrangements as reviewed by Management using a random sampling of accounts of as a result of a focus review.
• Collects the first payment while setting up the payment plan in at least 90% of the plans set up.
Processes credit card payments promptly and accurately.
• Takes verbal credit card payments via phone calls and in person from guarantors or other patient representatives for outstanding accounts.
• Follows departmental policies for accepting and processing credit card payments for outstanding accounts.
• Reconciles cash drawer daily per departmental processes.
• Adheres to the policies and procedures regarding regulatory guidelines for appropriate processing, handling, and storage of credit card information.
Updates, maintains and documents patient account information accurately in the appropriate hospital’s accounting/billing systems.
Actively participates in special assignments, programs, or improvement initiatives with successful outcomes.
Initiates contact with guarantors or third-party payors when necessary to collect on outstanding guarantor receivables.
Analyzes and determines accounts to transfer to External Agency for additional collections follow up.
• Knowledge of general business office procedures, preferably a hospital setting.
• Ability to display telephone etiquette, professional courtesy and customer service skills; excellent verbal communication skills with good listening skills; problem-solving and analytical skills; the ability to use a PC with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications along with the ability to operate general office equipment and a telephone headset.
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent- Required; 2 years customer service, business experience, preferably in healthcare environment, Standard ADA Settings
Bellaire Address: 6330 West Loop South, HEALTHPLAN*Health Plan - WLS
100% remote- Candidates must be in the Houston area 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday
The job skills required for Patient Service Specialist/ 100% REMOTE include Customer Service, Billing, Responsibility, Problem Solving, Office equipment,and Verbal Communication etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Patient Service Specialist/ 100% REMOTE. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Patient Service Specialist/ 100% REMOTE. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Patient Service Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Patient Service Specialist for your reference.