Location: Flexible and in any state where the firm has an office.
Hinshaw & Culbertson is currently hiring an eBilling Specialist to join the firm’s expanding Financial Operations Department. The eBilling Specialist is responsible for managing the successful submission of all assigned electronic bills through a third party vendor in an advanced capacity. The submission includes resolving rejections, working with the Billing Specialist for necessary changes to the bills/data, and monitoring all electronically billed invoice submissions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review client billing guidelines and manage appropriate rates in ebilling systems.
- Maintain a list of special arrangements, billing guidelines, attorney preferences, billing rates, fee caps, formatting and expense requirements for client/matters and ensure these requirements are adhered to.
- Work with Attorneys and Billing Specialists to ensure ebills are prepared accurately in accordance with clients’ outside counsel policies.
- Submit timekeeper data to clients for approval via email or ebilling system.
- Work with Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) format for invoice submissions to clients.
- Submit e-bills to clients and verify successful transmission.
- Assist eBilling Appeals team, Billing Attorneys and Billing Specialists to address invoice reductions and appeals for assigned invoice submissions.
- Request budget information from Billing Attorneys to provide to the client for approval
- Generate reports and invoices for analysis of financial and historical data.
- Map new or existing clients in BillBlast to ensure compliance with specified billing requirements.
- Resolve complex billing issues by working with the Billing Attorney and client.
- Submit invoices with complex billing requirements, including flat fees, phase billing and multi-payor set up.
- Evaluate insurance company billing engagements to ensure compliance with billing requirements including procedures on invoice submission electronically to insurance company, payment tracking and invoice submission to client.
- Manage special projects and ad hoc projects and requests from Billing Attorneys and/or Controller.
- Update Aderant by documenting progress of pending issues with invoices.
- Access procedures and proactively recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Work with eVendor technical support to resolve issues with invoice submissions and user accounts on behalf of attorneys and staff.
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; an Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred
- Knowledge of legal time and billing software (Aderant and BillBlast is preferred)
- Professional oral and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrated sense of initiative to proactively identify problems and take action to remediate.
- Willingness and ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on a diverse range of tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of eBilling, collections, and invoice processing procedures.
- Ability to perform basic analysis and calculate key financial metrics.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferred experience with service industry billing and collections software and document management systems.
- Knowledge of e-billing vendor software.
- Advanced skills with eBilling.
Note To Agencies and Applicants: At this time, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.
Hinshaw & Culbertson offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, a 401(k) Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, and we continue to take steps to mitigate the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 while in the office. As a result, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP requires all employees whose work requires them to be in the office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, all successful applicants for positions will be required to provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable.
As an EEO/AA employer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.