We are currently seeking a Field Office Manager to join our team in Nashville, TN. The ideal candidate will have prior office experience, excellent written communication skills, and some construction knowledge. This position will support our operations and administrative functions at the job site, including interfacing with onsite managers, engineers, and construction team members. Key responsibilities include handling job site deliveries and materials tracking, payroll administration, and field office scheduling needs.
- Manage onsite deliveries, sales solicitations, and office phone communications.
- Compile and track weekly payroll; ensure accuracy, log weekly time, and interface with the payroll manager.
- Support controller and job site managers with basic accounting tasks (e.g., payables).
- Procure materials and parts, including pricing research and physical acquisition of the material or scheduling deliveries.
- Accurately cost-code delivery tickets and handle delivery/material billings.
- Support superintendents and project managers, with preparing reports for job-related meetings.
- Assist with new-hire onboarding and other people and talent administration tasks.
- Maintain inventory and supply of office supplies, PPE, and first-aid equipment.
- Work with and complete administrative tasks associated with job site subcontractors.
- Monitor changing weather conditions that may impact work on the job site and alert the crew, as needed.
- Maintain organization and cleaning of the office environment.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience as an office manager or in office administration.
- At least 1 year of experience with a construction company or on a construction job site, preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced skills/proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook), preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and ethical decisions.
- Open to travel and/or relocation for future roles.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to gain clearance in restricted/high-security zones. (Airport AOA, Military Bases, etc.)
- The ability to attain a badge at BNA and perform badging applications for Hi-Way Paving employees, required.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Career growth and development in the growing and essential construction industry.
- A commitment to excellence and professionalism through building and supporting high-performing teams.
- An open, inclusive, and innovative family-owned business environment focused on training and safety for all employees.
About Hi-Way Paving
Hi-Way Paving, Inc. is a general contractor in the highway and airfield construction industries, emphasizing projects that involve significant amounts of concrete paving.
We work primarily within a multi-state geographical territory defined by a 500-mile radius around Columbus, Ohio. We perform our services either as a prime contractor or as a subcontractor to other prime contractors, pursuant to principal contracts with federal, state, other governmental agencies and private owners.
Here at Hi-Way, we are do-ers, innovators and leaders in concrete paving and construction technology. As a team member, you’ll have the opportunity to build your career in the growing and essential construction industry and work on a team consistently recognized as one of the best in the industry.
Hi-Way Paving, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams from the job site to our Hilliard, Ohio headquarters. Learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity through this legal overview and supplement.