We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN who: assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated shift. Prescribes nursing care based on the nursing process that is consistent with the medical plan of care and is based on input from the patient and significant others.
Ask us about our sign on bonus and relocation package!
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess patients, design and implement an individualized plan of care for assigned patients and to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan, patient's response to care and the patient's progress towards established goals.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to formulate the plan of care for assigned patients.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries, diseases, and developmental stages to the delivery of patient care.
- Utilizes knowledge of pharmacology (action, route of administration, side effects and contraindications) when preparing and administering medications and IV therapy. Provides patient / family education in all phases of care delivery to gain cooperation, allay apprehension and promote compliance.
- Assesses knowledge, plans appropriate learning activities, varies techniques and materials to patients' age and unique needs and evaluates effectiveness by seeking feedback from patients and families.
- Oversees the delivery of patient care and challenges or corrects errors of others to ensure patient safety and wellbeing.
- Ensures continuity of care by promptly processing and following through on physician's orders and all aspects of the treatment plan.
- Demonstrates an ability to set appropriate priorities in providing patient care and ability to respond to changes in workload.
- Acts as the patient's advocate, ensuring patient rights and intervening when necessary to assure those rights are preserved.
- Maintains awareness of professional responsibilities and legal scope of practice.
- Utilizes communication skills and appropriate resources to assure effective communication with patients, families, staff, physicians and coworkers.
- Performs technical aspects of patient care according to established policies / procedures; adapts techniques to patients' age and unique needs with attention to detail, accuracy and patient comfort.
- Prepares and administers medications and IV's to patients with consideration of age specific needs.
- Demonstrates safe use of equipment, including but not limited to electric beds, infusion pumps, mechanical lifts, suction devices, physiologic monitors, traction equipment and other patient care devices.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The job skills required for Travel RN include Patient Care, Nursing Care, Accountability, Nursing Process, Effective Communication, family education, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Travel RN.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Travel RN.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Patient Care
For the skill of Nursing Care