HEALTHY START COALITION SARASOTA COUNTY, INC.
FATHERHOOD COACH - JOB DESCRIPTION
The Fatherhood Coach ensures the successful execution of T.E.A.M. Dad program and engage fathers in Sarasota County. The T.E.A.M Dad program will assist fathers to engage in educational opportunity that will enhance their skills as a dad, promote positive role, and provide guidance on being a supportive father to their children.
Qualifications: Be an experienced dad and or dad role model in life of a child(ren). 3 years experience in direct community service, knowledge and comprehensive understanding of community and programs available, collaborative approach to work projects and implementation.
Reports to: Coalition Director of Programs
Communication skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess strong organizational, communication and writing skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office and the Internet, Bilingual in written and spoken Spanish preferred. Relates cooperatively and constructively with staff, Board, Coalition members, agency representatives, service providers, and fathers (the target population). Enthusiastic self-starter able to work with minimum supervision and prepared to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a knowledge of the role of the father in parenting and the 24/7 Dad program that teach fathers this role.
- Recruit fathers to participate in the 24/7 Dad program designed to enhance their parenting skills.
- Increase the awareness of and educate the identified target population on responsible fatherhood to enhance the father-child relationship.
- Deliver evidence-based fatherhood curriculum via individual face-to-face sessions to improve father-child relationships.
- Identify and connect fathers to resources they need including but not limited to; drug and alcohol counseling, mental health services, physical health services, child unification support services, employment and education, etc.
- Ensure accurate reports and participant attendance records for program components are monitored and tracked to ensure program fidelity.
- Maintain all client files in a confidential manner in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Ensure all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are submitted on time.
- Required data elements will be entered into the Well Family System (WFS) database within 3 business days.
- Participate in staff meetings, continuing education training, and other program required meetings.
- Work independently and also as a member of the team.
- Perform duties in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Create and maintain social media presence to engage and foster connections with community.
- Maintain records in accordance with program responsibilities as outlined for program implementation.
- Provide community outreach and participate in events as identified to promote T.E.A.M Dad program; including planning and participating in quarterly group T.E.A.M. Dad outings and annual graduation (timeframes subject to change).
- Provide necessary screenings and trainings related to ensure health and wellbeing of participants.
- Ensure adherence to any Continuous Quality Improvement, Performance Measures as identified by the program.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and networking relationships within the community, specifically other fatherhood programs and initiatives.
- Performing other duties, as required.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands: Must have a reliable vehicle, maintain a valid Florida State driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and retain vehicle insurance coverage. Must be able to pass a Level 2 background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.98 - $21.63 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sarasota, FL 34234: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sarasota, FL 34234