Seeking a Rehab Director for our skilled nursing facility located in Newberry, SC.
The Rehab Director / Program Manager position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that their areas of responsibility have the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow their organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
The primary purpose of the position is the management and administration of all aspects of rehabilitation services for the respective customers and building(s) as well as for maintaining a clinical caseload.
• Maintaining a clinical caseload
• Responsible for recruiting and retaining rehab service personnel
• Promotes positive employee relations by facilitating an atmosphere of open communication and problem solving
• Responsible for conducting performance appraisals of all rehab personnel
• Monitors and assists with personnel compliance standards including required credentials, corrective actions, and improvement plans when needed
• Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of staff, service and patient-related issues as requested
• Assures that all program standards are met, including CARF, SNF, and JCAHO standards
• Develop strategies to increase facility’s therapy program/revenue in both Part A and Part B caseloads
• Lead efforts to build caseloads within the facility, including the investigation of those in facility who could be candidates for therapy through follow-up with nursing staff and physicians. Ensure that the therapy dept. is aware and accepting all patients that are appropriate for therapy
• Develop special programs for resident participation, such as fitness, dementia programming, and various protocols for activities that strengthen and enhance the existing therapy program
• Lead marketing efforts with local hospitals, physicians and community on behalf of facility to increase awareness of the therapy program
• Provide leadership to and directly manage clinical therapy staff, facilitating a team atmosphere among staff
• Bachelors, Master’s Degree and or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech and Language Pathology or an Associate’s Degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant or an Occupational Therapist Assistant
• Current license in the state(s) assigned
• Minimum of 3 years of rehabilitation experience
The job skills required for Rehab Director include Leadership, rehabilitation services, Occupational Therapy, physical therapy, Responsibility,and Problem Solving etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Rehab Director. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Rehab Director. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Rehab Director, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Rehab Director for your reference.