Who We Are
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) is an experienced partner managing housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutritional services within the healthcare market. For over 45 years, we have provided essential services to thousands of healthcare communities across the country. As one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies, we have been recognized for treating our customers and employees fairly and pursuing excellence via an ever-evolving and expanding focus on training and the development of team members at every level.
Our Company Purpose & Values
Our Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In Communities.
Our Values, Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Passion & Perseverance (aka Grit) influence our decisions and the actions that follow in and out of the workplace.
Who You Are
You are driven, ambitious, have a personal calling for serving people, and desire to positively impact your community. You enjoy collaborating with others, aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves, and go beyond to get the job done. You have a passion and desire to deliver the highest customer and resident experience every day.
What We Offer
HCSG offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support our associates and their family’s health and well-being. Our goal is to promote welfare and health and enhance our associates' and their families' overall quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program along with an array of medical, dental, vision, and other supplemental health plans.
- Training - We take the development and education of our associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and their families for health, financial, and family services to support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to #GoingBeyond for our Client, Resident, and Employee Communities!
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family members.
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide – great for active Military and Family!
Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident communities that we serve are our Company's most significant priority.
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our Customers.
At HCSG, you will find an environment that is fulfilling, collaborative, committed, stimulating, and structured to help you succeed in serving our communities. We offer engaging opportunities for every phase of your career. HCSG is committed to providing growth and leadership opportunities to see you succeed!
- Department Manager - Manage and supervise the housekeeping, laundry, and floor care staff; at a single site according to policies and procedures and federal/state requirements. Responsible for performing and leading teams to complete light housekeeper, heavy housekeeper, and laundry aide duties on varying shifts.
- Training & Development - Leads staff training, quality control, and in-servicing. Coordinates and ensures the satisfactory and timely completion of project and program work done in the building on varying shifts. Tour the building several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- Reporting - Maintain income and expenditures, supplies, personnel, and equipment records.
- Communication - Acts as liaison between building occupants or administrators and HCSG staff. Communicates effectively with all directives from managers, building occupants, and administrators to HCSG staff.
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions. Responsible for assisting in the training of safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions while adhering to all safety precautions. Reporting equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion. Ensure the established standards, safety, and quality guidelines are met. Follow infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is achieved at all times. Follow proper reporting, isolation, and handwashing procedures/techniques. Assist in implementing training, quality control procedures, and in-servicing of housekeeping staff.
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival. Timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule. Respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisors, co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful interactions with residents, staff, and facility guests.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks daily.
- After completing all appropriate training, utilize leadership skills to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Two years’ experience in Environmental Services in a healthcare environment and personnel supervision is desired.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to be at work as scheduled and on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks continuously.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in the service area.
HCSG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work for a culturally inclusive team. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, ethnicity, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, political opinions or affiliations, veteran status, or other legally protected classes. HCSG also complies with applicable state and local laws and federal law requirements that govern nondiscrimination in every location where we operate.