Department: CGFS/OMA/FOQA, (Financial Oversight and Quality Assurance Division)
Position: Financial Analyst II (OMA)
Global Financial Services Charleston (GFSC), Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (CGFS) of the Department of State (DoS) requires the contractor to provide ISO 9001 Quality Management System coordination support and analysis services for CGFS Charleston. This individual will be responsible for providing administrative, operational, analytical, training, and communicative functions in support of the CGFS worldwide ISO-9001:2015 certified Quality Management System (QMS) team. There is no supervisory responsibility and this position reports directly to the Director of OMA/FOQA .
The Office of Oversight and Management Analysis (OMA) provides analysis, guidance and oversight on internal control-related, compliance, and business process issues related as well as financial reporting coordination support for the Department corporate financial services and activities. The Office supports and coordinates the CGFS program for its ISO-9001:2015 certified Quality Management System (QMS), and administers core QMS processes such as document control, internal auditing, and corrective action. As delegated, OMA administers the Department’s program to assign certifying roles and provide an “advisory” source for FMOs or LE Staff certifiers on the validity of payment certification, as requested. We also coordinate information requests and responses to the OIG, external auditor, and other external audiences within CGFS and with outside offices, as necessary, to ensure information is coordinated, timely, and responsive; processes/procedures. OMA consist of two divisions: Financial Coordination and Reporting (FCR) and Financial Oversight and Quality Assurance (FOQA).
- Requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in business administration.
- Three to five years working with the ISO 9001 Standard, with at least one year with the ISO-9001:2015 version of the Standard.* Has successfully completed “Lead Internal Auditor” training and has conducted internal audits within a large and complex organization per the ISO-9001 standard.*
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex requirements and develop alternate solutions.
- Project Management experience is required (PMP desired, but not required).
- Excellent technical writing, proofreading, communication, computer usage, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to interface with executive level personnel and customer base.
- The department prefers candidates that have experience with some of the systems and technical environments supporting DoS accounting and financial services, performing helpdesk support for a large complex financial system implementation, and knowledge of Federal accounting/financial management policies, practices, operations, and procedures.
Performs ISO 9001 implementation and support duties as assigned by the ISO Quality Management Representative, including, but not limited to:
Software Systems Utilized:
- Provides QMS support activities to Charleston, Bangkok, Washington, DC., Paris, Sofia and Manila.
- Works as a team member analyzing task requirements, developing work plans, executing assignments and preparing documentation
- Supports the implementation of the QMS in CGFS offices and guiding uncertified business units toward ISO 9001 certification.
- Helps manage and maintain the ISO/QMS document control databases and enforces QMS document and record policies.
- Helps support and maintain the CGFS global CAR/CAP database. Provides feedback and guidance to specific questions regarding CAR/CAP action plans. Also supports verifying that the implementation was effective.
- Provides quality management system program oversight and support to CGFS employees concerning standard operating procedures, implementation requirements and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the development and deployment of key metrics that align with the CGFS continuous improvement initiative.
- Provides support in outlining, improving and documenting key business processes. Drafts updates to CGFS Standard Operating Procedures and QMS-related work instructions.
- Performs analysis of available data to determine the effectiveness of QMS processes and programs. Develops and deploys improvement strategies related to the QMS.
- Supports the ISO-9001 Internal Audit program by participating on Internal Audit teams as a Lead and/or Supporting auditor. Assists with Internal Audit program management and development of new auditors.
- Provides QMS training for both new employees and Quality Representatives.
- Supports ISO-9001 certification and maintenance of key documents and records as required.
- Prepares clear and concise reports, memos, meeting minutes, bulletins, surveys as required.Provides analysis and problem-solving support to various Offices as required.
Period of Performance:
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Visio required.
- Experience with the CGFS Knowledge Base preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Apps such as Planner, Power Automate, Power BI, Forms, etc. desired. Experience with Microsoft SourceSafe preferred.
The contractor employee will work an 8 hour shift with a non-compensated 45-minute lunch (See your Project Manager for work schedule). Additional hours may be required and must be authorized by your Project Manager and DoS Management. Some domestic and overseas travel will be required.
All personnel provided under this task order must be able to either possess or obtain a security clearance of “Moderate Risk/Public Trust up to SECRET” to be issued by Department of State, Diplomatic Security.
Formal Job-Specific Training Requirements:
ISO 9001 Lead Internal Auditor Training
Haynes offers a robust benefits package to include 11 paid Federal Holidays, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, accrued leave, 401K (matching), tuition reimbursement, free professional development & training program with 9000 courses and much more. We thrive on providing a good work/life balance and in creating an inclusive culture where employees feel valued, appreciated, and are rewarded for top performance!
Haynes, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status in any of the terms or conditions of employment.
This position is for support of a government contract, which requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID before beginning work or qualify for an exempt.