As the IT Support Manager, you are responsible for managing both internal and outsourced technical support teams in ensuring exceptional, timely, and reliable support to internal users. The person in this role will be responsible for optimizing support/Help Desk processes, metrics (SLAs/OLAs), reporting, escalation, hiring, training, and managing all members of the team. This role reports to the Vice President of IT.
The IT Support team is responsible for technologies including laptops, desktops, mobile devices, thin clients, Microsoft desktop applications, Adobe Acrobat, Active Directory & Identity and Access Management, etc., as well as outsourced vendors in the areas of Network and Security. They also provide Tier 1 & 2 support for asset procurement and disposal, PC and mobile device troubleshooting, patching and monitoring, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a leader of an IT support organization (Help Desk) supporting over 150 end-users.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience managing teams of 5 people.
- Demonstrated skills in ITSM disciplines of Problem Management, Change Management, and Incident Management and a passion to provide an exceptionally positive experience for internal users and external customers.
- Manage the IT Asset Lifecycle including acquisition, tracking, retirement, disposal, and interface with the Finance organization.
- Experience with Kace Ticketing System or related technology.
- Experience with creating SLAs, OLA's, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Experience training (or acquiring training) for staff and users. Understanding the relationship between training and support levels.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking capabilities.