Since 1924, Hartung has grown to be the dominant glass fabricator in the Pacific Northwest supplying commercial and residential glass for projects of any size throughout the Region. With many locations nationwide, we are currently looking for a Machine Operator for our Farmers Branch, Texas branch. Starting pay $18-$19 an hour based on experience.
Hours of Work:
1st Shift 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
All shifts have potential over time before shift, after, and Saturdays.
Operator Machinist Job Duties:
• Plans machining by studying work orders
• Programs equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Sets-up equipment by installing and adjusting tools & attachments
• Verifies settings by measuring positions.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• One year of previous experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, or production facility is preferred.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted.
• Must be able to lift up to 150lbs with assistance.
• Must be able to communicate as a member of a team.
• Must be able to follow instruction.
• Strong mathematical background is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Hartung glass offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include Health, Dental, Life, STD, and LTD. We also offer a 401(k) savings plan and a company match along with 8 paid Holidays and Paid Vacations. Our employees enjoy an employee referral program and other opportunities to grow within our organization. Compensation is DOE.
At Hartung, our mission is to make our communities safer and more sustainable through glass in the Northwest and beyond.
The job skills required for Machine Operator include Troubleshooting, PM, Safety Procedures etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Machine Operator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Machine Operator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.