$14.00 - $17.25 PER HOURGENERAL PURPOSE:
The purpose of this position is to sell Harmons’ fresh meat products by providing remarkable customer service. This person will be educating and assisting customers at the meat service counter, stocking the meat case, ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of the meat service case, actively promoting and sampling products in the department and throughout the store and stocking the self-service and full service meat cases.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the quality and freshness of all products and services the meat department provides
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate product assortment and inventory levels for the meat service case
- Confirms pricing accuracy and signage for all meat service case products, paying particular attention to ad items
- Ensures the meat department is cleaned and sanitized daily and meets the company standards for appearance
- Cleaning and sanitizing dishes used in the meat department
- Receiving and stocking product in the meat department
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Educates customers about ingredients, taste, etc. of Harmons’ fresh-cut meat products
- Actively promotes the meat products through sampling at the meat service case and throughout the store
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Enjoys and has experience preparing, cooking and eating a variety of meat products including beef, pork, chicken, turkey and seafood
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and fellow associates
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one’s own success as well as the success of your team
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons’ mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot, cold and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees' differences including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us better.