OverviewHargrove Engineers and Constructors
is looking for seasoned, established professionals to join our team among a variety of engineering disciplines. Why join Hargrove?
Competitive pay! Excellent benefits! Flexible schedules! Awesome teammates! Work/Life Balance! Established company with Fortune 500 clients. Need I say more...
Mid-level project engineer with field experience to assist in running small cap projects on site. You will be responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants, and that the requirements of the contract are being satisfied. You must have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and leadership skills to initiate appropriate corrective actions. As the primary interface with clients, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. Successful at demonstrating experience with planning, estimating, scheduling, conducting and coordinating all technical and management aspects of projects.Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinating with Client on technical design issues.
- Coordinating with Project Management Team (PM, Construction Manager, Procurement Manager, Quality Manager, and Project Controls Lead) on execution issues
- Supporting PM in managing:
- Engineering budgets and schedule and facilitating identification, estimating and documentation of changes in scope.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of engineering status and issues.
- The planning, scheduling and forecasting of engineering resources to be employed on the project with the Project Discipline Leads and Department Resource Leaders.
- Discipline awareness of their man-hours and associated estimate basis as well as the TIC estimate quantities and the tracking against these for the recognition of scope changes as the project progresses.
- Developing or facilitating development of project specific engineering and design procedures Includes obtaining proper approvals if deviating from procedures.
- Coordinating engineering input for the documents that define the project scope (e.g. Scope & Criteria documents, Engineering Execution Plans supporting the PEP, etc.).
- Ensuring timely completion of muli-Discipline deliverables including: Line List, Equipment List, Area Classification Drawings, Post-IFD P&IDs (assuring regular project review of master), and General Arrangement Drawings
- Leading Inter-Discipline coordination by resolving design issues among/between disciplines.
- For 3D modeling projects, regularly reviewing the model with a focus on:
- gauging the level of timely inter-discipline coordination
- considering loss prevention issues that cross disciplines
- confirming clash detection is being done and clashes are resolved
- Reviewing all design deliverables with particular focus on inter-discipline consistency and adequacy of discipline reviews and approving transmittals prior to issue.
- Ensuring overall quality control of engineering work.
- Knowledge of project execution procedures.
- Knowledge and application of company business standards and good practices.
- Knowledge and application of company engineering standards and project controls tools.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments.
- A comprehensive understanding of the function of all engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex technical issues coordination and resolution.
- Ability to manage client relationships in complex situations.
- Ability to relate easily to others in the business community such as customers, suppliers, contractors, government, professional and trade associations.
- Ability to handle stress with poise.
- Understanding of existing and potential customer needs and preferences.
- Ability to delegate authority appropriately.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and requirements to team members and to structure accountability.
- Organizational skills, ability to set priorities.
- Coaching and mentoring skills and experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Education: Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university is required.
Experience: This position requires 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in engineering and project management.
- Chemical Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Construction Management
- Customer Demand Planning
About Hargrove Engineers + Constructors
Hargrove is an Engineering, procurement and construction management company serving the pulp & paper, power and petrochemical industries.