Western Reserve Pure Water in Cleveland is searching for our next Field Service Technician. This position is responsible for all aspects of service, installation, repair, and designing of commercial and industrial water treatment equipment and products, in accordance with applicable codes and company policies. A Field Service Engineer must be able to communicate clearly with customers to ensure they are meeting the customer’s needs while representing the company in a professional, positive, helpful, and dependable manner so that the customer’s experience is exceptional.
Why should you work for Culligan?
- The Field Service Engineer position is a full time, exempt position
- Salary and full benefit package including 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stable and growing, family-oriented company
- We like to promote from within!
- Use of free Culligan equipment in your home!
- Handle complete installation and repair/service of water treatment equipment in commercial or industrial venues from start to finish, following industry standards and Company standard practices.
- Assist customers in various specialized facilities and environments (e.g. Pharma, Food, Chemical, Medical), and other industries.
- Provide timely and effective resolution of engineering/service issues relating to all industrial and commercial customers, including but not limited to, equipment repair, installations, re-beds, product deliveries, applications, and others as assigned.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within the limits of equipment capability.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, or machine utilization.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Assist in designing new equipment and materials, and/or recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to improve standards.
- Complete the sale of equipment and other supplies where appropriate (revenue generation).
- Assist Sales Representatives with commercial and industrial installation, equipment changes, and evaluations.
- Accurate and legible completion of all required documents, including timesheets, material orders/warranty cards, installation/service work orders, and field orders.
- Complete “on-call” service needs on holidays and weekends as required.
- Provide telephone technical support when necessary.
- Conduct self in a positive and cooperative manner, and communicate in an open and positive way with both customers and coworkers.
- Provide assistance and/or training to coworkers and other departments whenever possible to support the company-wide goal of exceeding customer’s expectations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to successfully pass a DOT Physical, & DOT Drug Screen.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check per Company requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older, and be able to successfully pass, and maintain, an acceptable driving record check to be insurable by the Company in order to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle on a daily basis for approximately 2-4 hours per day.
- 5-7 years of technical experience required with direct and hands-on installation and maintenance experience of commercial/industrial water treatment equipment and processes.
- Must have knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to research electro-mechanical parts needed for repairs and alterations of water systems.
- Working knowledge with PLC’ including program loading and minor changes to Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC's
- Strong understanding of Auto Cad, Microsoft Office Suite, and Allen Bradley Software is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, and mathematical formulas.
- 2-5 years of sales experience preferred with a proven track record in sales growth and new customer acquisition
- Ability to defuse customer situations or internal issues
- Able to execute complex tasks with limited guidance.
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in an active working environment.
- Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Has the ability to lead, coach, guide, and motivate as well to coach and train entry-level technicians
- Must be able to communicate advanced technical information clearly and confidently to both novice and experienced customers.
- Working understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct activities and manage time to ensure productivity.
- Ability to complete multiple projects within time constraints
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication as well as customer service skills.
Benefits: Our company always offers opportunity for advancement, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, Company Paid Life ( the option for additional supplemental life insurance), Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Supplemental Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) with generous company match and Paid Time Off.
Candidates are subject to pre-employment testing up to and including drug/alcohol screening, background check, motor vehicle record check, and D.O.T. physical, as applicable.