The primary function of this position is to perform routine mechanical repairs on materials handling equipment.Â
- Review the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Use manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to troubleshoot engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, or other components on material handling equipment.
- Use lift trucks, overhead cranes, & other aides to lift or move parts into position to be repaired.
- Use hand & power tools to remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on engines, engine fuel systems, transmissions, & other components.
- Use miscellaneous resources & computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Use hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment, drains fluids into tubs, cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer.
- Climb up onto, under, & into vehicles, uses hand & power tools to disassemble/re assemble: sheet metal, engines, transmissions, fuel systems, & other parts or equipment.
- Replaces pumps, batteries, radiators, bearings, seals, wiring, solenoids, fuel lines, nozzles, tests float valves, glow plugs, alternators.
- Use overhead hoists to move parts that need to be moved off of & back onto the material handling vehicle.
- Use meters, measuring devices, & computers to test & recalibrate equipment, completes warranty paperwork.
- Perform inspections, do preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, may drain/clean/refill fuel systems.
Must have a high school education or GED.
Two years direct work experience or equivalent
Must be able to daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend and climb beside, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs. Must be able to effectively see to perform repairs, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports.Â Must be able to routinely and physically lift/position various parts to perform repairs/service and manually handle parts up to 95 pounds, as well as use mechanical hoist for heavier parts.
Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders. Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems. Should have exposure to P.C. base equipment and parts information;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.Â Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.Â Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.Â Â