Grand Fitness is looking for an experienced Director of Facilities to oversee all building-maintenance related activities within our gyms and office locations in 5 states. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for a full-time candidate to develop and grow the Facilities Maintenance Department’s abilities and team.
This position’s role is to provide safe, clean and operationally efficient facilities for our membership and staff in harmony with our Planet Fitness branding. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, have excellent communication skills, a proven ability to develop and improve processes and vendor relations, while reducing cost and time efficiencies. Leadership abilities to inspire and motivate a team, effectively work cross-functionally with the other departments and providing phenomenal efficiency will lead to success.
Director of Facilities duties and responsibilities, include, but are not limited to the following:
· Managing, training and hiring Facility Coordinators and Maintenance Technicians through continual growth and development.
· Ensuring quality control management for club maintenance, preventative maintenance and basic repair matters for in-house maintenance staff and third-party vendors.
· Bidding, tracking and analyzing annual service agreement vendors.
· Expanding quality vendor relationships to ensure that best practices for cost and responsiveness needs are met and improved.
· Facilitating and expanding database management for onboarding new facilities and ensuring current facilities are accurate and updated.
· Communicating, documenting and coordinating between contractors, vendors, landlords and property management for complicated facility matters.
· Providing and maintaining inventory management for tracking and ordering processes.
· Developing and managing security and emergency preparedness procedures.
· Ensuring facilities are maintained according to Planet Fitness branding requirements.
· Analyzing and approving contracts, purchase orders and corresponding invoices.
· Developing, analyzing and reporting on budgets and analytical tools for cost metrics.
· Managing the documentation of facilities required inspections for life safety and operational requirements.
· Communicating and providing compliant workplace safety precautions.
· Forecasting, allocating, and managing financial and physical resources of the facilities maintenance department.
· Assessing lease obligations to determine landlord vs tenant responsibilities while ensuring compliance.
· Purchasing and managing gym equipment replacements pursuant to corporate timelines and guidelines.
· Director of Facilities will be working with operations staff for best practices coordination on equipment and building reparations and preventative maintenance needs.
The Director of Facilities Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task with time sensitive material in a fast-paced environment.
· Have clear verbal and written communication with executive team, in-house maintenance staff, in-club management and staff, city/government employees, project managers, outside vendors, and landlords is a must.
· Proficiency and prior experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and familiarity with property management software tracking programs is preferred.
· Prior facilities, property management and construction experience required
· Ability to read blueprints is required.
· Ability to travel to the different markets on a regular basis.
· Ten (10) years of management experience preferred.
· Strong problem solving and organizational/planning skills.
· Strong leaderships skills, with the ability to coach and mentor while having knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
· Ability to prioritize and delegate.
The job skills required for Director of Facilities include Leadership, Planning, preventative maintenance, Coordination, Building Maintenance,and Microsoft Office etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Facilities. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Facilities. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Director of Facilities, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Director of Facilities for your reference.