Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company has a new job openings for Quality Assurance Technicians based in St. Charles, Il. This position has a variety of shifts open.
2 pm to 10 pm Mon - Friday
Quality Technicians are responsible for attaining and maintaining standards of quality for bottles as defined by drawings, product specifications and Quality Assurance procedures. Assist in the training of new personnel on the importance of quality and leadership. Responsible for monitoring the quality of finished product and packaging at start up and qualifications, both before and after packing. The primary duties of a Quality Technician include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Communicate about quality with supervisors, managers, other shifts and departments verbally and through written documents according to plant practice.
- Setup and maintain product files in the Infinity QS data collection system for input of variable/attribute data by QA, production and maintenance personnel.
- Develop and analyze statistical data, control charts and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Create and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Maintain Quality Inspection Procedures.
- Complete written documentation and forms as required.
- Coordinate and manage the held ware and rework processes.
- Coordinate quality activity with other departments to achieve plant objectives in compliance with plant procedures.
- Coordinate quality control training for employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials and products.
- Play an active role on teams within organization.
- Assist in customer complaints investigation and corrective action process.
- Assure Operators and PMT Leads are following procedures to conduct tests and inspections.
- Change over challenge test samples during product change overs.
- Assist all plant personnel support of Infinity and quality reporting systems.
- Conduct and participate on gage R&R studies.
- Conduct process Audits and finished goods for every Machine and report any visual defect for correction and trace back Audits.
- Complete product qualifications First Articles test as required after Mold/Color change, and assist with new product approvals (PQP’s)
- Ability to analyze Statically Process Charts (SPC) and evaluate trends.
- Retest bottles measurements from Production as needed (OOS or OOC) to verify quality conforms to standards.
- Perform multiple inspection tests to ensure parts are produced to meet or exceed product specifications.
- Identify and segregate (HFI) non conformity product according to established procedures.
- Audit rejected materials/Customers returns and report findings.
- Monitor Challenge test samples (Vision, ALPS, Metal detector) and QA Supplies and request replacements as needed.
- Cover for Vacation as needed.
- Maintain inventory of all caps and notify QA Manager when inventory is low.
- Maintain work area and test samples in a clean and orderly fashion.
- All other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
A minimum of 1 to 3 years in manufacturing required. Minimum of 6 months quality experience preferred.
Quality Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.