The Territory Manager is a position focused on new business development and account management of the wholesale fuel division. The Manager is a position focused on recruiting and maintaining profitable branded and unbranded dealer accounts within an assigned territory in support of the Mission and Vision Statements. The Manager is responsible for business development as well as volume growth. The Manager oversees a group of accounts in an assigned territory and reports directly to the Area Sales Manager.
Territory Manager duties will include but are not limited to:
- Keep sales pipeline full while managing opportunities through all stages of the business plan to achieve sales volume.
- Perform analysis of potential new business deals and contract renewals and be able to present proforma to executive team
- Maintaining communications between customers and company
- Obtain and maintain accurate customer details and documents and all relevant information in CRM.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant customer issues, pricing and billing procedures, and operational issues as well as various brand value programs, image requirements and brand standards. Collect documents and details to obtain a resolution to customer concerns.
- Ensure details of new account and contract set-up are in place including pricing, freight, taxes, and invoice requirements
- Maintain awareness of and report on competitor’s sales efforts and programs within assigned territory
- Build and update account plans for key growth customers by ensuring customers are meeting contract requirements
- Optimize the Company’s return on capital deployed
- Counsel and provide support to customers on retailing factors including competitive pricing, customer service, retail facility appearance, and cleanliness
- Identify opportunities through prospecting, customer relationship management, and other external websites and resources. Develop business plan and sales proposals, present proposals to potential, new and existing customers.
- Maintain documentation of sales activities, customer efficiency and related expenses. Prepare and submit sales plans as required.
- Assume accountability for individual site volume performance. Attain quantitative and qualitative performance within assigned territory. Organize and execute annual client reviews
- Through oversight and management of Company approved contractors and vendors, assume responsibility for developing, maintaining, and delivering scope, schedule and budget of all assigned imaging and customer support projects
- Must be self-directed and motivated. Manages time efficiently by identifying value added activities and eliminating non-value-added activities that take away from the ability to drive results and be productive
- Works closely with internal real estate groups, external brokerages, and internet resources to source potential wholesale marketer acquisitions
- Maintains knowledge of brand requirements as related to brand/site image and procedures and ensures necessary remedies are completed
- Have a working knowledge of the Petroleum Marketers Practice Act, dealer fuel agreements, and works with new customers to ensure the completion of new and renewal contracts
- Must be able to understand and analyze Profit and Loss Reports as well as fuel financial and sales reports
- Partners with customers to develop long-term relationships, generate additional sales, and guide problem resolution discussions
- Attends various industry conventions and other marketing-based activities and develops professional relationships within these organizations.
- Advises customers on equipment upgrades: assist customers through the purchase or upgrade process by ensuring adherence to all regulations.
- Demonstrates leadership with customers by directing sales calls, managing sales contracts, and closing sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent of 10 years’ experience in the field
- 5 years of sales management with a focus on new business development with marketing and merchandising experience
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Two (2) years of prior customer service experience
- Fuel industry experience with knowledge of branded and unbranded programs
- Experience with CRM tool(s)
Hours:The Territory Manager is a full-time position and requires some overnight travel