US East Coast (Fully Remote)
We're a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers' bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 70,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$30 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We're headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France, Germany and the United States.
As a Professional Services Implementation Manager in our Enhanced team, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of desired outcomes with GoCardless by newly signed businesses looking to take bank payments (e.g. ACH, Bacs, SEPA, Instant Bank Pay) from their customers in the USA & across the globe utilising our global payments network.
Day to day, you will take sole responsibility for the implementation of our US merchants as well as supporting EMEA merchants, in a pro-active fashion guiding them through their setup and onboarding journey, working cross-functionally with our Sales, Solutions Engineering & Customer Success Management teams to provide the optimal customer experience. You will also monitor a portfolio of US customers going through our digital onboarding experience (Essential Programme) and be available to our regional team as an escalation point.
Our customers use us in a variety of ways (as a standalone solution, integrating us into their bespoke software, or activating an integration with an existing software package) and your role is crucial to the long-term success of the customers you onboard with GoCardless. Guiding our customers through a smooth and efficient implementation journey helps our customers to quickly realise the benefits that led them to choose GoCardless in the first place.
Day to day, you will:
- Work closely with our Sales team during the pre-sales phase of the customer’s journey to design a tailored onboarding project plan for each of your customers
- Lead the customer implementation process for your portfolio of Emerging, Mid-Market & Enterprise customers, leveraging our onboarding playbooks and best-practices.
- Keep senior customer stakeholders & individual business users engaged through to project completion by building relationships and understanding their unique business requirements and goals in context of the value proposition GC delivers.
- Communicate with clear and compelling intent through every customer interaction. These engagements can take the form of email interactions, phone calls, video conferencing or in-person meetings.
- Proactively lead each of the customers within your portfolio through the relevant milestones of their onboarding journey, ensuring any sticking points are identified and resolved quickly.
- Be an escalation point for our customers going through our digital onboarding in the US
- Liaise with the relevant teams internally to get your customers ready for payment collections as quickly as possible or in time to meet any agreed deadlines.
- Optimise the full end to end flow of the customer onboarding process, and suggest improvement areas to make the onboarding journey as effortless as possible.
- Develop tools and techniques to accelerate adoption and reduce effort through streamlined and automated processes, both for yourself and for merchants
- Attend and contribute to team weekly meetings, providing updates on your active projects as well as flagging any issues, risks and dependencies
- Collaborate with our Manager of Implementations to ensure processes benefit the entire team
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about customer implementation, customer success and enjoy working directly with customers and going the extra mile
- You have project management experience and love a challenge
- You are an excellent communicator and confident presenter
- You are detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible customer experience
- You have experience managing complex implementation projects for Mid-Market & Enterprise customers at a SaaS company or similar organisation
- You have experience juggling multiple demands on your time and can manage and prioritise various important and urgent issues
- You consistently operate with the customer’s needs at the forefront
- You’re comfortable communicating complex technical & non-technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- You enjoy taking ownership of projects you work on and take pride in the execution and delivery of these
- You are proactive and driven, making the most of opportunities you are given and taking the initiative to seek additional ones
- You have a mindset of continuous improvement, both on a personal level as well as with regards to operational processes
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are a team player with a flexible mindset
Prior experience in a customer onboarding/implementation role or a keen knowledge of project management, implementation planning (preferably in a payment industry) and stakeholder management is a must. However, an ability to learn fast, deliver high quality outputs and improve ways of working as you progress are equally valuable.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.